Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do I need an FSVB

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do I need an FSVB

Hey Everyone,

If I install pulleys, and predator tune, do I still need the FSVB? Or can I adjust the shifts with the tuner?

Also,along with changing the lower pulley, what about the charger pulley?

rudy

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stick with a lower pulley, easier to change out.

FTVB is like $225 from our supporting vendors here and the safest way to adjust your shifts. Yes you can change shift pressure with the predator but not recommened.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can adjust the shifts with the tuner but it will result in premature wear of the tranny. Get the FTVB and be done. Also get the 4x4 pan so its easy to change fluid from here on in. It has a drain plug in it.

I would never swap an upper pulley when doing the bottom is easier and provides the same desired results.....more boost. Go with a 6 or 8lb lower pulley and be done with it. K&N panel filter would be wise as well. Let the air flow!

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cant beat the ftvb. I would suggest moving that mod to the top of the to-do list.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've only had my 03' HD less than a week and I'm still trying to understand a lot of this stuff.

On this new valve body, do you shift the transmession manualy or leave it in gear to race it? Also, how would you know if your truck already came with this valve body or not? I know my truck will shift around 5200 rpms if left in drive while standing on it.

Also, how hard it to swap this VB?

Sorry about the newb question(s)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No problem man that is what we are here for. All of us, to learn and share the knowledge.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you do not shift your tranny manually with a valve body, the only thing it does is increase shift pressure which makes it shift faster and is better for your transmission. your truck should kick you really hard into your seat everytime it shifts if you already have a valve body but i wouldnt think that you do especially if your truck is stock. valve bodies are one of the easiest installs there are... pull off old pan, unscrew VB, screw on new VB, screw on new pan, fill er up and your done! if you are stock a valve body is not really needed but as soon as you start to mod you will notice sloppiness in your shifting due to the increased torque and a valve body will help a lot.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    read more about it from the source himself:
    FAQ: http://stores.ebay.com/Factory-Tech-...tory-Tech.html

INSTALLATION: http://stores.ebay.com/Factory-Tech-...tructions.html

Good luck

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOW...thanks guys

One more small question, where can I buy the 4X4 trans pan? This seems like a good deal to have since it hold a little more oil.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Question

Guys, as sort of a side note to this topic, is this powervalve worth anything, or will the FTVB do it all?
    https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/s...php?msg_id=756

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cayman, dont do the power vavle, not worth it, go with Greggs FTVB, he is the man.

Prohawk check out the SVs here you can get the FTVB, 4x4 pan and filter for a good price.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Question

Originally posted by bgstew6
    Cayman, dont do the power vavle, not worth it, go with Greggs FTVB, he is the man.

Prohawk check out the SVs here you can get the FTVB, 4x4 pan and filter for a good price.
    Okay thanks, I was just wondering about it. I got in on the last GB for a FTVB. A buddy of mine with an L says he's getting one of these power valves but I decided not to tell him what I had. Instead, I'll let him make the seat-of-the-pants choice!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Heck I had bought one of those things for my expy and guess where it is, still sitting on the shelf!!! I got Greggs FTVB, 4x4 pan and filter before the GB. But that is one of the mods that will be put on next month along with L rear sway, LSPEC bilsteins and Rotorpro slotted and dimpled rotors and Hawk pads.

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Get the FTVB its a good mod. like everyone said using the tuner will cause problems down the road.

Chris W.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    with 2 separate threads about the FTVB (and many more to come), I believe it is time to make this STICKY!
    http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...5&pagenumber=1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast