Thread: Please Help!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation Please Help!

I just recently installed an 8lb lower on my truck with a gates belt and it seem that the truck shudders real bad when I punch it like either the belt is slipping or the motor is getting too much boost. I have a predator and installed the predator pulley tune but I don't have a custom burn for it. Can anyone tell me what is a matter with it? I need to have the truck in good shape before tonight to get to the track. I cant determine if it is belt slippage or the tune. I'm not used to forced induction setups and I could use any advice. Thanks you for your help and time.

HDog
    2003 Two Tone
    JLP Raim Air, Predator, Throttlebody, Valvebody, 2 4 Drop. 8# but not yet installed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not a big deal, it is just your plugs. i went throught this same thing a few months ago and thought i blew my motor but i changed all the plugs to NGK Tr6's and gapped them to .36 and i was all set! if you are not mechanically inclined, this install may agrivate you A LOT but its not too bad. basically the passenger side you just unscrew each coil pack and pull the plugs using some swivels and extentions but the drivers side is much more difficult as you almost HAVE to remove about half the stuff over there including the fuel rail and other various valves and stuff, real PITA first time you do it. i would do this on a day/night that you have PLENTY of time and will not get frustrated because it is frustrating and will take a very long time. GOOD LUCK!

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    be careful , 8lb + no dyno + shuddering prob. + cool air = NEW BLOCK.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What do I need to do should I park the truck until I install the plugs? I have an accufab throttle body and the predator and thats it. I have left the predator setting alone except for shift firmness and higher RPM levels. Do i need to retard or advance the timing any? I need the truck as its my only transpo tonight but I can be easy with it. Thanks for all your help guys.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    your truck is very driveable with your stock plugs, i just would not race it tonight. it will run the way it is now but if you get into boost you will have misfires and could seriously damage your motor. its not worth it for a time slip, there will be other racing nights, trust me its not worth risking it. after tonight install the plugs and then take the truck to a tuner and get a real dyno tune, no predator BS, an 8lber is no joke, many have vented their blocks from not tuning on a dyno.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just got off the phone with a guy named jerry from strictly performance. I'm taking it there at 9 am tomorrow so he can put the plugs, fuel filter, tune & then dyno it. I'm excited to see what kind of numbers I will get. I will post as soon as I get them and will have a slip Sunday night for the board. Thanks again for your help guys. I'm gonna leave it parked tonight just to make sure.

481/555 right now :-)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    An 8 lb lower with no tune is walking a fine line. The chip tune is a requirement.

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You could also try boosting up your fuel. If you can get some high octane racing fuel in there it will probably run like a champ. Its probably only stuttering under load. If you run it in high rpms with the OD off and light load you won't get so much stuttering.

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you made the right choice. your patience will pay off in the end.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i wouldnt say increasing the octane of your fuel would help you any, although the octane is raised you still would not be pumping enough in to compensate for that extra air. and as for the stuttering, his plugs are bad and i would not suggest taking it into high rpms, all turning overdrive off will do is turn the 4th gear off limiting to only the 3rd gear which i also would not suggest. i think it is a wise move to leave the truck in the garage tonight and get it tuned tomorrow, you wont regret it. better safe than sorry.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well Its Saturday Evening and I'm finally back from the shop... Great numbers but a very Unhapping ending. I put out 400.3/528.6 on the dyno.. She ran great the whole way home (which is about 40 minutes) I played around a bit but never pushed it hard. Well after arriving home I decided to show it off a little bit and took my littlest brother for a ride. Worst mistake of my life. I finally got into it and SNAP!!!!!!! Great now I have the slowest ford around. I broke something major and I'm thinking its a rod cause I could hear clanking inside the engine compartment. I never once saw a drop of oil so I assume the block is still good. What the hell do I do now?????? I have only 27k miles on the truck and I still have a warranty do I (A. Take all my mods off and send it back to ford, or B: Fork over serious cash to buy a built lower end for the truck) Please guys if anyone has been thru this or has any pointers please help me. I'm soo confused as to what to do not to mention devasted that my pride in joy is now a HUGE parking block. Thanks Guys

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who tuned it? Did they Tune it? Make them pay for it if their tune blew your engine up! I dont know what to tell you. SOrry to here that.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd be calling my lawyer.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Pay to play!
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25