Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Difference between dynojet and Mustang dyno

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by BlairTruck
    what if they only have the a/f tester that goes in the tailpipe>?
    well then only place that can do custom tunes on predator is 200 miles away
    is it worth it, or should i just check my air/fuel at my local dyno first? gonna be running 6lb lower and predator
    might i suggest something....
    First off, DO NOT install the predator pulley tune. get a custom tune...
    instead of driving 200 miles for a custom tune, you can get a tune from one of our supporting vendors...its easy!

-pay $100 for a custom tune from one of our supporting vendors(hint hint...RWTD) tell him all of your mods and your intentions with your truck. ask him to tune it conservatively...he'll send you the tune, you download it to your predator, then upload it to your truck.

-pay $450 for a wideband commander (RWTD will gladly sell you one) you'll get an a/f gauge and the ability to data log your trucks most vital info.

until you get the wideband commander, just drive your truck easy. no WOT's.
    once you install the wideband, do some data logging and then send the results to your tuner.
    from that data log info, the tuner can provide a more precise tune for your mods than just with some a/f readings and a dyno chart.

sure, you could always drop a few hundred going to the dyno multiple times trying to get your tune perfect(been there, done that), or you could just buy the wideband commander, datalog in a real setting (on the street) send the results to your tuner and the let your tuner perfect you tune.

yeah, it might cost a little bit more, but nothing is worth the piece of mind you'll have knowing your truck is tuned the right way.
    plus, with the wideband, you'll have the ability to read your own a/f at all times. if something looks wrong on the gauge, get out of the throttle, data log it and send it to your tuner.

that is my next mod and if i could do it again, it would have been one of my first mods.

good luck!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wideband for A/F's are best and most people use Dynojet. There are pro's and con's to both. You don't need a dyno tune per say with the 6lber. It will be rich.I suggest you lean out the pulley program as much as possible and retard the timing as much as you can. I went around 2/3 to max retard and it ran well. It was still a bit rich when we checked it but its better safe then sorry. You may leave 5-10 rwhp on the table without a dyno tune but you'l be right in the 370rwhp area. It won't be to lean trust me. I've never seen a Predator run lean on the pulley tune with a 6lb lower and I've done a great deal of them. A dyno tune is well worth the time and money though. 200 miles is a hike though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2