Thread: Worst Day Of My Life!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy Worst Day Of My Life!

Well Its Saturday Evening and I'm finally back from the shop... Great numbers but a very Unhapping ending. I put out 400.3/528.6 on the dyno.. She ran great the whole way home (which is about 40 minutes) I played around a bit but never pushed it hard. Well after arriving home I decided to show it off a little bit and took my littlest brother for a ride. Worst mistake of my life. I finally got into it and SNAP!!!!!!! Great now I have the slowest ford around. I broke something major and I'm thinking its a rod cause I could hear clanking inside the engine compartment. I never once saw a drop of oil so I assume the block is still good. What the hell do I do now?????? I have only 27k miles on the truck and I still have a warranty do I (A. Take all my mods off and send it back to ford, or B: Fork over serious cash to buy a built lower end for the truck) Please guys if anyone has been thru this or has any pointers please help me. I'm soo confused as to what to do not to mention devasted that my pride in joy is now a HUGE parking block. Thanks Guys

Please refer to my first post as an update as what was going on. I was patient enough to do it right but in the end it still screwed me. Gawd I"m soo pissed.

http://nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread....threadid=16687
    2003 Two Tone
    JLP Raim Air, Predator, Throttlebody, Valvebody, 2 4 Drop. 8# but not yet installed.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry man, that sucks.....
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You may have done everything right but sounds to me like your tuner did everything wrong.

4DRHOG - Fast is good!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry to hear dude...hope something good comes outta this somehow

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like a lean tune got the best of you. 400rwhp shoulb be more then within reason on thee trucks. If this was with a 6lb lower you may have went too lean. Give us more details.

If your not that modded then remove the stuff and warranty it. If you did a chip then cash it in and go fix it yourself. They will void you out with a vented block with a chip

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

REMOVE MODS???

If you play you pay.

Removing major mods is wrong, in a way. But if they are going to deny you because you have a oil seperator they are wrong.

Answer is if can look at your family, your children and yourself and then say it's not your's, then go for it.

Wishing you the best.

Ask your dealership what mods they have issues with. Mine has issues if:you mess the computer, and put too big of pulleys on it.
    That's it basically.

Tony

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd remove mods and give the dealer a try. If you want a built motor then sell the new free motor. If it does work out bite your lip and pay. If a budget is a consideration, look around alot of guys are pulling out there stokers.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had an 8lber with the diablo. I am putting a built block in it this week I am going to spend the money to have it done right. Thanks for your input guys and I will keep you updated.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another one!!!

You will definately like the power of a built block!

I had an 8lber and a diablo from RPM outlet on my stock internals and that didn't last very long!

Now I have a built block from JLP with about 33k on it and still running strong! (8lber and all!)

Good luck HDogs100th...Be sure and get a good tune~

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah I'm having JE Pistons, Manly rods I believe, steel crank the works. Everything is polydined so I'm excited. Do ya'll think $3200 is a good price for this short block? Thats how much the guy is selling it to me for. It should be ready by friday and I will post the new numbers for everyone. Thanks

HDog

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh btw it is brand new and never used.

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is that with install? and what compression are you going to be running.
    Daily driver: 2001 Mustang Cobra- Eibach suspension, Tokico struts, Maximum motorsports full length subframes, 4.10 gears, MGW short throw shifter, JLT cold air intake, Bassani X-pipe, Bassani Catbak, full sound system

Project ride: 2000 Harley truck- Belltech 4/6 drop, custom 5 point rollcage, ATI procharged, custom built (billet) blower bracket, polished P1SC, custom built kooks longtubes, custom built 3in Xpipe, black MB motoring 22's, 42# fuel injectors, 90mm MAF, 255lph intank pump, 3.73 gears, built tranny w/ PI stall, full show sound system

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No that is just for the short block he is charging me close to a thousand for the install. Is that a good price? I'm not sure what the compression is. I will find out tomorrow.