Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: '03 HD Boost Gauge install

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Post '03 HD Boost Gauge install

Well I finally got some time to install my AutoMeter boost-vacuum gauge today. I was a little worried of where to bring the line into the truck from the engine side so I took a few pics of how I did it. This just backs up some great info that I read about here on the forum but couldn't actually see for myself in any pics. Maybe it might help someone else out later on. This part took less than an hour to do. I still have to do the wiring into the dash where I can get it to be controlled by the same rheostat as the dash lights.

http://www.nhtoc.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=723
    Last edited by cayman150; 10-21-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Um linky no worky!

Sorry..try the link now.

Thanks for the heads up, I edited the post and pasted another link, try it again now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good to go,

This mod only took me about 30 minutes to do,(who cares about how long it takes as long as you are happy with the results. I opted not to work with the dimmer, I never turn my dimmer down I like everything bright, since the entire dash is not that bright to begin with. Looks good, same place that I routed my line through. I went with the column gauge pod but opted for the Ford Motorsports Racing Gauge, to better match the instrument cluster.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    I love my boost gauge
    Good job
    Last edited by BlairTruck; 01-04-2006 at 05:45 PM.

Thumbs up

Thanks guys...yeah I like the Ford Motorsports gauge better too but I had already gone and bought this one before I saw it.

CFRADAM has a really cool one from some custom gauge company. Looks alot closer to the speedo and tach than anything else I've seen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dont think that I have seen his. GOt a pic of it or link to a post where he showed it?

Cold as Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone still make the 2 gauge for the pillar???
    Chrome interior kit, Billet DIN cover, K & N filter, billet antenna, flame 3rd brake cover, oil and radiator overlay, billet grille with hd logo, tinted front windows, chrome vent covers, Blackwood window trim, Blown Motorsports billet gas door, ss roll pan, flip up license plate frame, Bassani exhaust, Viper alarm, Navigator antenna base, e-brake cover, Billet glove box handle, L-Tails, Matrix one piece headlights, Belltech 2in Shackles, L-shocks.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Originally posted by bgstew6
    Good to go,

This mod only took me about 30 minutes to do,(who cares about how long it takes as long as you are happy with the results. I opted not to work with the dimmer, I never turn my dimmer down I like everything bright, since the entire dash is not that bright to begin with. Looks good, same place that I routed my line through. I went with the column gauge pod but opted for the Ford Motorsports Racing Gauge, to better match the instrument cluster.
    I didn't bother hooking mine up to the dimmer either. I just moved the dimmer down a hair to match the boost gauge.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cayman, did you ever hook the light up to the dimmer. if not, ill tell you it is very simple, you just pull out the dimmer assembly and take a quick-connect and tap into the SMALLER blue wire with red stripe, there is a larger one with an orange stripe, it is not that one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jimmy try stylin concepts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jimmij I bought one a few months back from jegs and I even got the gauges from them in silver with the green cover for the light. But I had to modify the pod to keep the handle!

Cold as Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hd989

Do you have any pics???

Originally posted by harleytruck9144
    cayman, did you ever hook the light up to the dimmer. if not, ill tell you it is very simple, you just pull out the dimmer assembly and take a quick-connect and tap into the SMALLER blue wire with red stripe, there is a larger one with an orange stripe, it is not that one.
    Thanks for the info....I just got my AutoMeter dual gauge pillar pod and my wide band A/F meter so I'll try and make this a mod weekend and try and get some more of these mods outta da box.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got mine installed this weekend too, I'll Try and Get pics up as well, I put them on their own switch instead of tying them into my interior lights , looks killer and works well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast