Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

loosen brake oil cap?

If you do not loosen the cap you will have a hydraulic lock

T

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by harleytruck9144
    well i got it, i was origionally using a "small" c-clamp and finally ended up using the big one and using big pliers to squeeze the handle and they finally went in. if i had removed the brake line from the caliper, wouldnt this spray brake fluid all over the place?
    actually opening up the bleeder screw would have been the thing to do first, and you would have needed to be ready with something to catch the fluid in. glad you didn't have to resort to that. i always use large C clamps when doing brakes and i've only had to replace a caliper one time on my father in laws town car.
    Jeff

99 WS6 T/A A4, Yank SS3600, lid, SLP 1.85's, hooker aerochamber

02 F-150 Harley Davidson, black, 4# lower, Predator

97 T/A A3, Vig 3000, K&N, !muffler, 4.10's

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use a piece of aquarium tubing into a jar of fluid, if you want to reduce the air contamination you can pre-fill the tube with fluid. Yes, you should loosen the master cylinder cap prior to any of these idea's.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a general rule of thumb...

You should visually inspect your brake pads (particularly the fronts) every 5k miles. The brake pads have a squealer on them that basically tells you that "your screwed" when you hear it. The squealer itself can damage your rotors. Some OEM brake pads are riveted to the backing plate and will start digging into your rotors about the time that the squealer starts ...errr... squealing.

Another thing to consider is if you have pedal flutter. It's a pulsating feel to the brakes when you slow down to stop. This my friends is warped rotor(s). Usually caused by overheating the brakes. If the pulsating is only slight, you may be ok for a while. However, if it's bad enough to shake the truck, go get yourself NEW rotors before you have a failure of your brakes.

-Del

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2