Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how bad can you beat a hemi

Breakin The Law
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stock or Modified our trucks 02/03 will spank the Hemi's. A friend of mine wanted to race for months and I finally gave in, he took me from the start by a foot and I took him by a truck length length in the next 8 seconds of racing. At the time I only had a single blade THrottle Body/K&N drop-in and Magnaflow Cat-back. He had a chip and Magnaflow only. It's always fun.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just show up.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i beat my friends hemi in my 01 all the time. usually by a truck length.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have not seen a Hemi or SRT that can hang for even a second. They are over rated to the max! Nice trucks though.........for someone else!

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldnt call it owned, I would call it spanked!
    or humiliated..

A guy close to our corporate HQ has a modded (lowered/exhaust) Hemi Rumble Bee and was talking a little smack the other day while we were at a gas station nearby. I threw out a line with a juicy nightcrawler and hooked Hemi-tard with "Just to make if fair for you, please give me a second to remove the blower belt."

He was chapped.

Bob

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is truely pricelss right there speedin bob!!!!!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Speedin Bob
    or humiliated..

A guy close to our corporate HQ has a modded (lowered/exhaust) Hemi Rumble Bee and was talking a little smack the other day while we were at a gas station nearby. I threw out a line with a juicy nightcrawler and hooked Hemi-tard with "Just to make if fair for you, please give me a second to remove the blower belt."

He was chapped.

Bob

How fast is one of those bumble bee's anyways? There was one running around last night acting all bad etc. They really seems kinda slow by the way this guy kept getting on it. I almost raced a Hemi also but he turned off before we could get some where safe to race. He kept mini racing me from light to light even though I would stay stopped after the light was green so he would just go on This happened just right after a GT did the same thing to me. I don't mind street racing but atleast take it to some deserted hwy. Hell this is West Texas and we got a ton of them just perfect for ...

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rumble Bees are just an appearance package, nothing special under the hood stock.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I saw a 4 door SRT10 running around 14.2 at my local track. That has auto tranny so no shifting excuse. Also saw a 4 door Toyota Tundra running 14.1. That was a surprise. Probably had a blower or something else because that may be a high 15s truck at best. Couldn't confirm it.

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ryan>Dodge
    2002 HD - 631 RWHP - 757 RWTQ
    Currently fabbing twin-turbos

Breakin The Law
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Tundra's now come equipped with 280 Plus HP with the option of a TRD supercharger that produces an extra 50/60 HP at 6 lbs of boost, the truck will move but not beat a stock HD. Plus it is over 500 lbs lighter than our trucks.

? Has anyone raced one of those ugly retro Chevy SSRs? If so, did you beat them and by how much, there's a guy who always messes with me on the way home who want's to race and well, I'm only pushing 380 HP with my current mods to his 392 HP stock, plus he's 1400 lbs lighter. I don't know how much power to the wheels he has I figure 350 or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2