Thread: Brakes!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brakes!!

so yesterday i got up nice and early to change the pads and rotors only to get myslef into a huge mess. i have changed plenty of brakes so i knew it couldnt be too hard but then i also forgot that the people that work at murrays(auto parts store) are complete idiots. i go into to buy everything and the guy asks me if its a lightning and i tell him no, and then i say its a harley davidson edition. he looks at me and says "whats that" right then i knew something was gonna get messed up. he gets the rotors and i take a quick glance at them and everything looks right. get home and do one side then move to the other side only to realize that this rotor has a defect in it on the back side. so i take it back but they dont have anymore in stock so they send me to another store that has them. ok things were looking good now. well both sides get done and im going to put the wheels back on and the studs were a different size .. so i call a guy that i know that works at a store about an hour from my house and he tells me they are special order and cost $125. now im pissed because my truck is up in the air and cant be moved. so now i call autozone which is about a half hour from my house and they have them and stock them for $90 a piece. so i go to pick them up check the stud sizes and head back home. finally i get done at 5p.m. after starting at 9a.m. that morning. man was it a long day! but now after this i am a pro at changing HD brakes so if anyone needs a hand just let me know.

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's the same everywhere bro.

I was installing a boost gauge and it kept crimping the 1/8 brass ferrel into the tubing. So I run down to the local Autozone looking for some new ones. Figuring this would be a quick stop, I walk up to the counter and ask this kid if they have some. I show him one of the damaged ones. He looks like he's never seen one before and asks the MANAGER if they carry them. The MANAGER say no, they do not carry it.

I was like... That's BS! So I start looking around and within 2 minutes I find them. I grab 2 packs and walk over to the counter. "Yo! You noobs do carry them.. "

The kid apologized for not knowing. I told him that I didn't expect him to know every part in the store. But the manager went into his office. He should know every part in the store.

I learned along time ago, when dealing with quickie parts stores. Take your OEM part with you so you can compare it in the store. Saves time and money.

-Del