Thread: Parking Light Wire Location?

481/555 right now :-)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Parking Light Wire Location?

I'm looking to hook some lup some lit windshield washer squirters. I want to hook them into the parking light system. Right now I have the wires coming out of the hood on the drivers side by the hinge. Where would be the best location to access the power wire to the lights? The parking light is not very accessible from the back of the light assembly so I figure I need to do it upstream some. The very large wiring harness runs right by the hinge. Anything near there? Thanks for the help.

2002, #00722, Two-tone paint, Built Engine, SCT X3, Fram Cold Air Intake, Ported TB, Ported Plenum, Magnaflow, OBX Longtubes, Electric exhaust cut-outs, 8#Lower, Magna Powers blower, Oil Seperator, Lightning Valence, Tail lights, Brake Light, Orange LED frame lights. Optima Yellowtop, Chickenears billet under the hood, Bedrug, ARE Bed Lid, Reflexxions Cowl Induction Hood, Kenwood DVD/TV/CD Touchscreen, 481 RWHP, 555 Torque

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its actually very easy to tap your headlight wire power..

Takes few seconds to remove the head light housing, and plenty of slack in the wiring to use a wire tap. No tools are even needed to remove the headlight.

But really man, windsheild washer lights? To each his own, hope the info helped.

481/555 right now :-)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which few seconds should I use? How do you remove the headlight assembly then? I think they will go nice with the LED lights underneath and they are blue to go with the blue of my truck. Look at my gallery and you might understand.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Pull a corner light, its a lot easier, the park light wire is usually brown but if there isnt a brown wire use a test light to find out which one is, Ford gets a little goofy with wire colors sometimes.
    Im not being a smarta$$ here but a guy who brings his Civic Si to our shop has a blue LED kit on his, he did some blue, not HID blue but really blue LEDs in his headlights, it looks badass at night, with the headlights on the LEDs bareley show so its fully legal too.