Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: another mod outta the box!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Well, since I don't have access to a dyno down here, I gotta try the next best thing. From what I've been reading on here and talking to some of the guys this mail order thing will be better than no tune at all. My Predator can also output a data log so between the wide band A/F ratio meter log and the Predator log I'm hoping I can give the tuner guys at RWTD enough info to get pretty close.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    K, i thought so at first. Then i looked on RPMO. some more and it started to mess with my head. Thanks!

Yeah Fuz,
    It's pretty strange...different manufacturers make different sizes.
    Mine from MotoBlue actually has 000840 stamped into it. Maybe mines really 8.4" I dunno I didn't measure it. I just went by the part number for a 4# when I ordered it.

That thread I posted earlier had some formula that you can use to figure it all out if you get different sizes and want to see what boost you'll end up with.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by cayman150
    Well, since I don't have access to a dyno down here, I gotta try the next best thing. From what I've been reading on here and talking to some of the guys this mail order thing will be better than no tune at all. My Predator can also output a data log so between the wide band A/F ratio meter log and the Predator log I'm hoping I can give the tuner guys at RWTD enough info to get pretty close.
    Once this is done, will they just email you a program to DL to your Predator?

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im looking for a 6pounder

Pro-Hawk

That's what they say. When I get my wide band A/F meter installed I'll give RWTD a call and see what kind of info they need from me. I've been told by MUSTURBO and others that I can send in this info and they will email me back a tune that I can download into my Predator and then flash into my truck. I started with just the performance tune after installing the CAI, C&L inlet & TB stuff. That woke it up a little. Then after I put on the 4# lower pulley I flashed in the pulley tune. That really made a difference. I can't wait to get the 8# on. If I had a 6# I would put it on in a heartbeat but I was too greedy at first and bought the 8# right off the bat and decided afterwards to take it easy and went with a 4# to start with.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Pro-Hawk

Originally posted by cayman150
    That's what they say. When I get my wide band A/F meter installed I'll give RWTD a call and see what kind of info they need from me. I've been told by MUSTURBO and others that I can send in this info and they will email me back a tune that I can download into my Predator and then flash into my truck. I started with just the performance tune after installing the CAI, C&L inlet & TB stuff. That woke it up a little. Then after I put on the 4# lower pulley I flashed in the pulley tune. That really made a difference. I can't wait to get the 8# on. If I had a 6# I would put it on in a heartbeat but I was too greedy at first and bought the 8# right off the bat and decided afterwards to take it easy and went with a 4# to start with.
    Damn, Modern technology is awsome

I'm going to give them a call and see if my dyno shop's A/F readings will work for them since I don't have a meter my self. I'm just going to go with small baby steps for now like: a Catback system, #4 pulley, and a tune/predator.

Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2