Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shiites win.

jpanchalk
    Name:

Shiites win.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN)
    The Independent Electoral Commission of Iraq announced Sunday that the Shiite-backed United Iraqi Alliance won a plurality of votes in the January 30 elections but fell short of an outright majority.

So is anyone else confused as to the next step? There are 3 days in which to file objections, but objections to what? The Kurds are still talking about nominating their candidate for president, so WTF was all the electoral fuss for this past 2 weeks?

I missed something along the way - that's pretty evident. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First off there will never be peace over there. It appears to me that those people enjoy dying and killing anyone who doesn't agree with them religously. They seem to be ready to die or kill for no apparent reason. They look at life on a different level. It is much like Viet Nam. We as westerners "see" things in a different light. We grew up this way. Trusting that your "enemy" plays by the same rules. In America and most western cultures people (males,females and children) have an inherent worth. It appears that is not the case over there. Until the US learns that, we can never "win".
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

jpanchalk
    Name:

Yeah - I have to admit that it is out of pure morbid curiosity (and the tax benefits) that I can't wait to see what life on the streets is like during my next tour. One thing is certain - no matter how bad it remains, it would have been worse if the Sunnis had managed to get elected into office.

Then again, anyone who thinks that those in office now weren't already decided upon by the upper echelons of the US Government are kidding themselves.

Still confused as to the purpose of this election, though.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The ONLY purpose was for show. It doesn't matter who wins. You can't make people WANT democracy. You also have to realize that their "definition" of democracy isn't the same at all. To them that gives people the right to choose their God... this is forbidden in their religion so something has to change. It appears that Islam is not a "united" religion at all but one that is dictated by "clerics" who appear to me to be religious fanatics much like Americas "Moral Majority" only with rifles and RPG's. Ready to "eliminate" anyone who is not a follower of whatever cleric they support. It doesn't matter that you are Islam. They use children to bomb other Iraqis and women are allowed to die for the "cause" but not participate in it. I wonder if they even have a clue as to what to think or do on their own? If we leave it will be just like it was but with a different creep at the helm. Instead of spending all that money to help all these people who don't want it or appreciate it spend it on the VA Hospital system that is falling apart. America needs rebuilding too... let them live their own lives and spend OUR money here. just my 2c

4DRHOG - Fast is good!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by fepony1
    spend it on the VA Hospital system that is falling apart. America needs rebuilding too... let them live their own lives and spend OUR money here

If only that were the case...it's a shame it's not the case. Imagine...we can send all sorts of medical aid (docs, meds, and money) to people that really don't like us...but heaven forbid we provide QUALITY care for people that served their country and sacrificed...

Oh well...what ya gonna do?
    2003 Harley Davidson SuperCrew
    All Black

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

anyone want to go hunting?

You can certainly "reach out and touch" someone with this baby:
    BARRETT 50: http://www.barrettrifles.com/

Read a post @ NLOC about this marine (backwoods hunter from Alabama) who gave an Iraqi a "marine haircut". Got the pix but did not post due to the graphic nature of the material
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by fepony1
    The ONLY purpose was for show. It doesn't matter who wins. You can't make people WANT democracy...
    you can't what?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05044/456326.stm

the majority of iraqi's want peace & a chance to live freely...it's just alQaeda and the leftist media trying to stop them.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can believe that if you want to but as far as i'm concerned, and from all i've seen and heard, these people have killed, maimed, raped and pillaged for 2000 years. They have "contributed" NOTHING to mankind for the last 1000 years except blood and terror. Do some research. I tried to find positive things to say about these people but I cannot. Religous fanatics.

4DRHOG - Fast is good!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    jwhite...I think you're only partially right. I believe the majority wants to live in peace and freedom...but their definition of a free life is a bit different than ours. That's our main problem on the world stage...we're the new kids on the block, but we're trying to change cultures that have been around for thousands of years. This isn't to say Saddam should still be there...I'm just saying the "American way of life" isn't for everyone. Not everyone wants fast food and malls. Something to keep in mind.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can only get the pictures if you're a memeber of the NLOC. I guess they are pretty gruesome but only half of what you guys see over there on a daily basis.

Guys, you have my utmost respect.......

Kev F :BF:

jpanchalk
    Name:

Re: anyone want to go hunting?

Originally posted by kromdom
    You can certainly "reach out and touch" someone with this baby:
    BARRETT 50: http://www.barrettrifles.com/
    Hell yeah, baby! I use mine as an active security system for the truck:
    Attached Images Attached Images

4DRHOG - Fast is good!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    note to self: don't "F" with jpanchalk's truck!!!

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile no fair!

Why is your GUN so much bigger than mine Curious what is the documented max effective range of this rifle?

I think I saw it for the first time in one of the RoboCop movies or was it "GOD" in Navy Seals (punching holes in a concrete wall to flush out a perp).

I've been lucky to have shot a regular .50cal (planted both my feet on the bipod and held on for dear life)..wish I could try the barrett someday

jpanchalk
    Name:

Re: no fair!

Originally posted by kromdom
    Curious what is the documented max effective range of this rifle?
    Max Effective Range is 1830 meters, but I hear a story of a sniper (don't know which branch) making a confirmed kill just past 2 clicks. Man...talk about Definitely wasn't the stock scope.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I put about 300 plus runds down range with the Barrett. Camp Schwab Range Range Ten. Same range we used for the LAV-25. Like going out and pluggin tin cans with a bb gun! Cept this monster has a little more kick and can reach out and touch someone. We used to shoot 50 gallon oil drums at 1000 meters. Nothing better than squeezong the trigger, putting one down range and then having enough time to repaint the target and watch the impact.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast