Thread: Need some KB pulley info

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Need some KB pulley info

I have a few pulleys that I need to match up to slightly alter my current setting and I can't find any info when searching on what boost level I may get outside of the chart from the Kenne Bell website for either a stock lower or 9" lower.

So for the fellow Kenne Bell users out there, I am curious to see what pulley combo's everyone is using and what kind of boost you get from your combo. Also, if you have it, what type of HP did you achieve and 1/4 mile times.

Just as a starter, here is my current setup...
    Upper: 2.75"
    Lower: 7.5" Stock
    Boost: 14-14.5psi
    HP: 411
    1/4 mile: 13.3 with a 2.1 60ft on stock tires
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Justin, I am almost positive that I have the 3.50 upper, 8lb lower (not 8"), ported heads and I see around 16psi. The heads could be dropping the pressure some though. Hope this helps

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Originally posted by wildhog
    Justin, I am almost positive that I have the 3.50 upper, 8lb lower (not 8"), ported heads and I see around 16psi. The heads could be dropping the pressure some though. Hope this helps
    Thanks Brad, glad to see your truck seems to be running without problems after all the other crap you dealt with early on.

I've got a 4# lower (8.5") and 3.10 upper that I want to put on, just trying to see what everyone else has found to get a better idea what I might expect.

Not KB ZILLA anymore !!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I run a 6# lower and a 3.25 upper on my KB and see 16#'s boost. 3.00 pulley gives me 18#'s

I cant wait to try my 2.75" and 2.50" pulleys !!!

Built motor with Stock heads and cams, but I do have longtubes and high flow convertors

Working on a new tune that is sorely needed, so I wont have any vailid numbers for a couple more months.

The numbers in my sig are old.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A kenne bell + Long tubes + 10" (8lb) lower + 3.5" upper = 17-18lb's of boost.

A friend had this and every other mod on a NONbuilt motor and put down 498rwhp and around 600rwtq. He ran a 12.5 in the quarter, but that was before a retune to achieve the dyno numbers above. He should have been running about a 12.2-12.3 in the 1/4 mile.
    2003 Two-Tone Harley Davidson #9192