Thread: How about a chat room?

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about a chat room?

Seems like most of the post on this board lately are nothing but chat.

Things that pertain the HD F-150's are few and far between.

Is it possible to add a chat feature to this board? or Chat channels to the threads?

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am on AIM and do chat with a few people here

Same Handle "Towcrazy"
    Aloha and be safe
    Keith & Sherry

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bgstew6 here

Has the mod bug!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not a bad idea, but I've found alot of informative stuff in what people just pass in the conversations. Since you wouldn't have logs of chats, I think the board might loose alot of the tid bits that you often find are the answers your looking for.

JMO...

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm always on AIM (delmustator) during the work week. I chat with folks from time to time. I prefer using MSN IM over AIM.

My MSN IM is DelmustatorLeMaster@nc.rr.com

-Del

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by the666indisguis
    It's not a bad idea, but I've found alot of informative stuff in what people just pass in the conversations. Since you wouldn't have logs of chats, I think the board might loose alot of the tid bits that you often find are the answers your looking for.

JMO...
    Also in favor of a chat room but also agree with above point! I think I have IM on yahoo

Lappy 486!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was part of an Everquest guild that had a forum w/ an attached chat room and from that experience this is what I noticed.
    The 'normal' chit-chat post almost dissapeared. Advantage is there was less to search through for valuable information. Yea, every now and then a topic would come up in chat that would have been good in posts for future reference. At that point it just takes someone who is on the ball enough to copy the conversation and make a post from it.
    Down side is that most chat programs, least back in the day, didn't work through port 80 (HTTP). They used some other port and most businesses now block just about everything under the sun excpet for the important ones. So its possible that unless we rig it up correctly, a lot of us who would be chatting at work (like any of us are using company time for personal items on the internet) could possibly be out of luck.
    It was a pain for me becuase I am one of those ppl that are behind a fairly tight firewall, but overall the benifits out weighed the cons. Just need to impress to people that use it regularly that they need to copy/paste a conversation if it pertains to important information.

I had used Trillian before, it allows you to have multiple Im accounts run from the same program. Think I had a AIM/Yahoo/MSN/and ICQ... but I have only kept up with my Yahoo account.

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A chat room is built into my website. I very seldom use it. It's disabled at the moment also.

-Del