Thread: which wideband??

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow which wideband??

Can anyone who has had either the AEM or dynojet wideband (or any other gauge) give me some input on which is the better unit??

Also with the almost $200 difference in price does anyone know of where to get the best price on one of these units?

Obviously I would like to be able to monitor AFs while driving but I am not going to be constantly tweaking my tune. I do not know how much datalogging would benefit me as I am not really up on the specifics at all. Any info on capabilities, price, pros/cons woudl be appreciated.

Thanks for all your opinions,
    Chris W.
    2003 Black HD
    AIM: ACWALSH8

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you can't get a custom dyno tune from a reputable tuner, then the data logs from the wideband commander can be sent(emailed) to a tuner and from that information, the tuner can perfect your tune.
    should have been one of my first mods and it is going to be my next!
    i ordered mine from RWTD for $450.

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since I live relatively close to JLP and can get and have gotten a custom tune fairly easily the datalogging for me is practically useless.

Unless the datalogging can do a better job than can be done at a dyno?? Also doesnt the predator have the capability to datalog?

I want a wideband just to make sure everything is ok. I have had the custom tune already but I just like to have a guage for piece of mind.

After your post it looks like I really dont need the datalogging capabilities, just the ability to read the AFs. Thus the AEM unit is good for my needs??

Thanks,
    Chris W.

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

pretty please?

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like My AEM Wide Band Never used the Other One Well Worth The 4$$
    Aloha and be safe
    Keith & Sherry

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    there are only 2 people with widebands on this site?

guess i wont buy one then. but not be a good mod

Not KB ZILLA anymore !!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just ordered a AEM wideband, should be here by the end of the week.
    I have the SCT Pro Racer software and the Raptor Datalogger I am going to use it with.

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks KB

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have used the wideband commander a bunch . Pretty happy with it.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Question

Originally posted by musturbo
    I have used the wideband commander a bunch . Pretty happy with it.
    Kurt,
    I just got my DynoJet wide band A/F that you suggested out of the box and was reading up on the installation. Soon as I can get it installed do you mind if I give you a holler? There's no dyno facilities here and I need to use this to figure out what's going on on how much more boost I can go to safely. I figure I'll do some runs and then email it in to RWTD since I have a Predator and see if they can dial me in a better tune off the data.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: which wideband??

I have a dynojet wideband commander. I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out whether to get the FJO, AEM, or Dynojet units. In the end, I got the dynojet unit because it is a very flexible, easy to use, and powerful unit.

The benefits of the dynojet unit, in part are:
    - ability to monitor A/F ratio
    - ability to datalog the A/F, RPM, Throttle Position and now BOOST!
    - ability to program the warning light on the unit to kick off under certain conditions.
    - if you ever decide to use nitrous later, there's the ability to shut the nitrous off if the A/F is out of range... you could in theory also connect it to a alcohol injection unit so that when A/F is out of spec, it can inject a little shot in there at that time.

Now, I saw you mentioned you live close to JLP, however, what the wideband allows you to do, is monitor A/F and make sure you're safe. If you end up encountering a strange situation down the road, you can datalog the whole thing up to the problem to help diagnose the problem and show Johnny what was happening.

In my opinion, its was well worth the money. Knowledge of what's going on is very important if you start modding your truck. Knowing A/F has much more use than having a silly boost gauge in my opinion.
    2002 Black Harley-Davidson F150
    2.6 KB, DMP Built Motor, Dynatech LT's

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm with Phil all the way on this one, DJ will be the one.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks airtroop...mark hooked me up with a killer price so I guess unless my "connection in CA" comes through Ill have to order up soon.