Thread: I've got a date with the Devil

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got a date with the Devil

Cruzin to B'ham this morning to tune with RWTD James and some sweet rides, anyone one else up for making the venture. The SyskoKid is making a run over there to hook up. Any one else ?? A little lunch action , some sweet car's and truck's.....
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Train's a leavin

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck on your pulls! I hope you get the numbers you're looking for. At least the weather will cool enough for you.

I wish I was going, it's just too far for me on a Sunday afternoon.

Brent
    2002 DSG Harley Davidson
    6lb. Lower, K&N FIPK, X-CAL with Troyer tune, Dual Magnaflo's w/Lightning exit, D*M*R Oil Separator, D*M*R Panhard bar, D*M*R Sill Plates and a D*M*R Sticker!

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    May the horsepower gods smile on you...

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by airtroop01
    May the horsepower gods smile on you...
    AMEN! And may the force of the MOD-aholics be with you. Good luck

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it too late to say..."Enjoy your day".....
    #2256 built in 3/26/02 - 6# lower, 377HP/483TQ before the Whipple.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Hoffmann
    Is it too late to say..."Enjoy your day".....
    I think so, he is probably already right now

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hope everything went well...lets see some results!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lady's and Gent's,
    It was the trip from hell. Rain , Rain, Rain.
    Someone's truck broke down on the dyno for almost 4 hours.

They should have pushed it out.
    I would have if I was there.

2:15 turned out to be 5:15. I had belt slippage at 4800 RPM on all pull's ( AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH ) 5 pull's. 388 RWHP 491TQ So without the slippage ,,who know's 400 club??? We will have to wait till next Dyno ( where did I leave that kidney ).
    This is were it get's fun we are cruising home and the truck feels almost like the E-brake is dragging and the RPM's seemed high. Stopped checked fluid's and looked around ( pouring rain ) finished the drive back , dropped off Ayrton ( Chris ) on his nice steep driveway and let off the brake and the truck doesn't roll backward's and it feels like the torque converter is slipping ( I am freaking out at this point ) So I leave and drive slowly home on the back street's this is when I notice I have no first gear and no overdrive to boot.
    So I am 45 years old with tear's rolling out and oh yes 4500 miles left on my warranty and 1 1/2 days worth of mod's to remove, so I can go to a dealership...... Talk to some FOMOCO mechanic friend's of mine this morning and go thru the check list. So my buddie Jason say's put in the stock tune drive it over to the dealership come around back and we will hook it up.
    So I decided to reload the tune that James had just tweaked for me because he installed it to the Diablo also and low and behold the story is now over,,,,, all is good ,,,is beautiful,,,, just like she should be. I just need a shorter belt and will there is that prayer I made,,,,,, James tune's have been right on , this I believe to be very isolated incident ( contaminated tune ) and my tunes are Mail order at that, yes I know with a W/B it will be the same as if he were sitting in the truck it's self. Even without a Wide-Band all his tune's were money ( as in right on ).......
    I would/will check into having a separate bung put in for the sniffer.
    Other than that James is as nice in person as on the phone and very knowledgeable.... My finger's hurt from typing L.O.L.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes and a major shout out to the Sysco Kid , he drove up and hung out all day thru this , awesome guy...... Chris it was great of you to hang out with me even if I was crying in front of everyone,,,I will make 400HP.......

THA MAC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on the numbers! You'll be where you want to be soon enough. Also sorry to hear about the other trouble but glad it turned out to be something simple.
    Kevin Haydock

02 HD Black--397hp-517tq
    Mods:Predator,C&L inlet pipe, Straight Shot 95mm MAF, 6lb pulley, 160 thermostat, Accufab TB, FTVB w/4x4 pan, Magnaflow Cat-Back.BELL-TECH 3/4 or 5 on a HD PER BELL-TECH
    BEST E.T. to date 8.428@83.814mph.1/8
    13.300@102.48 1/4

1993 Cobra #526
    347 Dart block, AFR 205 heads, BIG solid roller, Victor intake, Demon Carb, Pro fogger NOS, C4 auto. 10 pt. cage, all stock interior not a gutted race car.
    Best E.T. to date
    actual time to come, but Built for 5.90 index class

Hi Ho Silver
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Had a great time, glad I could be there. Both you and Aryton are stand up guys. Proud to be your bro. You'll be seeing 400 in no time, and I'll be right behind you... or maybe in front of you

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well,
    I don't mind being the test mule here. I'm just looking at 400 H.P. and if I can provide a Dynoed path to follow it will make it easier for other's to decide on there path........ I now have to get the boost down a little.....But my A/F is great and the numbers are so close, I am hoping with the grounding kit and a new belt to eliminate the belt slip at 4800,,,,,I may make it.