Thread: ABM one piece headlights

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ABM one piece headlights

before you do anything id advise that you find a flat wall to park about a dozen feet or so from, and turn on your lights to mark the placement of the beams. this will help you later when when you install you lights and want to adjust them properly.

you will have to remove the screws holding the old headlights in and then remove the three black adjusters on the old headlights and put on the new lights, make sure that you replace them in the same order that you took them out.you'll find that you need to bring the shortest adjuster out to its full position, and the other two will need to come out a bit more also in order to set properly. use a pair of pliers to hold the screw shaft while you adjust the "star" adjustment out. ***note*** the bottom adjuster "only" will need for you to extend the metal "shaft" out about a 1/4"... do this by holding the base and turning the shaft clock wise with a pair of pliers...the very end of the shaft is a safe place to turn from so that you don't damage the threads. after that, adjust the "star nut"out to the end of the screw.

you will notice that the frame for the headlight on the truck has small vertical rails that this "star" adjuster needs to slide over.***Note when taking them out, that they are in a position to slide on a rail inside the frame they'll need to be in the same position to go back in. this is one place were people have problems when installing...so pay close attention when taking them apart as to the position of the star nut.

now your ready to assemble the light back onto the truck. take notice to be careful not to touch the high intensity light bulb. Ypu'll also notice the new light came with two locking collars for the main headlight bulb and socket.replace those with the ones provided and you will be ready to put everything back together.***Note they have also provided a pair of foam rubber washers in the new sets. Take the old ones off the parking/side light socket (corner light socket)and replace with new ones provided.these are 1mm bigger to prevent water from getting in.

before you replace the light take notice of the set of pins on the back of the light .make sure that those pins go in first then the adjuster screws next. DON'T FORCE ANYTHING! it takes a little jigglingto get it all to go in correctly.you may find that you may have to pull it out several times in order to get the adjuster screws to extend out enough in the back to be able to lock it all in again. HAVE PATIENCE! you will also notice that you will end up taking them in and out a few times to get the beams adjusted properly. it's not hard, but just takes your time and patience.

the two leads are for the L.E.D. lights. these can be attached to a separate toggle switch witch ends up in your cab, or simply attach to your parking lights (thats what i did). The "red wire"on the L.E.D. will need to be attached to your "hot" lead or "positive" connection, and your "black" lead on the L.E.D. will nedd to be attached to a ground wire. Should it not work, we have occasionally found that the leads were reversed by accident...you do the same, just reverse them...

good luck! and enjoy!

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    another
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name: Brian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where can I get a set of the ABM's?

BDK
    Chicago

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by bdkchgo
    Where can I get a set of the ABM's?

BDK
    Chicago
    Call Donn @ Pacific Motorsports (808) 329-7237 Tell him you are with the NHTOC He will get you going If you don't want to call Hawaii let me know via PM or E mail and I will do what I can.
    Aloha and be safe
    Keith & Sherry

I was a J-HO!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How many hours difference is Hawaii? I tried calling several times but no answer. I am on the east coast GMT -5hr.

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Hrly6816
    How many hours difference is Hawaii? I tried calling several times but no answer. I am on the east coast GMT -5hr.
    5 or 6 hrs

I was a J-HO!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thats it? What time is it there now? It is 10:23pm

Hi Ho Silver
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IIRC should be seven hours behind you.
    Black 03' #00917

'03 iN tHE cLOSET
    Name: J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by BOSSHOG; 01-08-2011 at 05:45 AM.