Thread: What is with these people?

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry What is with these people?

Well today's headlines read 125 killed by car bomb 150 wounded. These are Iraqis killing Iraqis for no apparent reason. What exactly does killing 125 police would be applicants accomplish for "the people of Iraq"? How can ANY religion justify murder and terror? What could possibly be accomplished? Maybe we should just go and let them kill each other off and just go in and take whatever is left? Seems like they are going to kill each other no matter what is done...no matter who is leading. I personally think these people are a hopeless cause. You can't help those that don't want help. I'm sorry but idiocy is idiocy.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they are iraqis?? other than that i dont knoow

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i feel you man, i think we are just delaying the inevitable. that place is destined for civil war. if they would seal the borders from syria, most of these bombing might go away. its too bad, like everywhere else, we have no true exit strategy, so we will be there for 50+ years, losing 1 or 2 US soldiers a day.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I only pray you are wrong and our "leaders" realize this is another Viet Nam...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bring our troops home.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

4DRHOG - Fast is good!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a dicey situation any way you slice it. If we pull out (so to speak) and leave now, then the world will criticize us (rightfully so, probably) for making a mess and not cleaning it up. If we stay, it's like you say...we'll be based there (much like Korea) for 50+ years and the attrition rate will abysmal. Let's just hope "we" have enough sense not to start with anyone else (like Iraq's neighbor to the east) before we get this mess relatively squared away.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know about the other armed services, but my career field (Security Forces) is stretched very thin. I wonder if we could handle a war with Iran right now. Are you guys spread thin in your specialties?

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No I lay it on thick and hard, sometimes I pile it on deep.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It appears to me that our troops don't have enough "backup" as it is. To try and pull off another "invasion" or whatever you wanna call it, would be devistating. It's hard enough now to watch your backs. And, just like Viet Nam, you will always have to rely on "locals" for many things and there is no real way to determine who is "on your side" and who isn't. Threre is always someone pacing off something for a mortar attack or such.

4DRHOG - Fast is good!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    'dude - I think everyone is stretched thin these days...at least thin for what I grew up in the AF being used to.

fe - I agree whole-heartedly...but it really scares me (and makes me think bad things) when certain members of our government (not naming names...but let's just say our leading diplomat....) try to get all "tough guy" with countries like Iran...all while we're up to our proverbial necks in the mess that is Iraq...and Afghanistan...STILL looking for the worlds most dispicable individual...STILL looking.........STILL...........

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't want to get on it with this, just wish some had the wisdom to know freedom and democracy come from the people wanting and revolting for it, not someone shoving it down your throat.

4DRHOG - Fast is good!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wise words 02, wise words....

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thinks taste better when you are hungry.