Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: alternator again.......

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    whats a Cohiba?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is a real good unit. I had one till someone decided they needed it worst than I did.

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    who are we talking to here?

sorry to hear that. i hate that stuff

jotay21
    Name:

A Cohiba is a very good cigar. It is the personal brand of Fidel Castro. I would imagine he is talking about the Alpine, as that is a much nicer HU than I have.

Josh

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My name is Mike. I run a battery store full time and work for a stereo shop part time in Charlotte, NC.

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry mike i didnt mean it like what was your name. but its nice to meet you.

i was asking about the HU that jotay answered already.

jotay21
    Name:

Oh yeah, Mike. The thing you said about the JL amps not really being to picky about the input voltage. I thought the same thing, but I have been corrected by three different dealers. I didn't believe the first guy who told me that, but the other two convinced me. I guess that JL was trying to clean up the output of their multi-channel, so they changed the protection circuitry of the 450/4. It has been explained to me three different ways, but they all equal the same result. If you work for a stereo shop, you may have a bit more insight in this. I could have been receiving pure marketing from the dealers. Now, about this battery shop. Do you have the hook up on Yellow Tops? I am looking to buy 2-3 more.

JOsh

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh

I think we could work something out on the batteries. What have you been paying for them???

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    holy shat 4 optimas in your truck? you have to be getting some for someone else rihgt?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The next truck that we are going to build we will be using 2 of Group 31 Yellow Tops. They are a little bigger - the same size as a truck battery. They equal out to about 1 1/2 what a regular group 34 does power wise.

jotay21
    Name:

Nope, they are all for me. When I get my Gaylord on the truck, I plan on relocating all of my amps to the bed of the truck in an amp rack. I would like to have one for the truck, and one for each amp. The main reason I didn't install the other 1000/1 was real estate along the rear cab wall. As we have all seen, there isn't much and when you cram a 450/4 and a 1000/1 in there, it is tight. I also have a 15farad Distro cap that I want to put in, but don't have space for. About the stinger alternator, the dealer here in SC said that they called and could get me one in 2-3 days and install it. Since you called them directly, I am a bit worried now. But back to the point. I just wanted a battery on each amp.

JOsh

jotay21
    Name:

Originally posted by NVR-ENUF
    The next truck that we are going to build we will be using 2 of Group 31 Yellow Tops. They are a little bigger - the same size as a truck battery. They equal out to about 1 1/2 what a regular group 34 does power wise.
    Can you get them through where you work? What about at a better than average price? Not trying to get you in trouble at work, just curious. If you have any network engineering problems, come to me. I will hook you up with that, but I don't know much about trucks.

Josh

jotay21
    Name:

Hey ACL, you need to update your profile. You are now a proud member of J-Ho.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I sell the straight out to guys in the stereo business for about 129.99 on the group 34 battery. Now that is not making very much money trust me.

jotay21
    Name:

That is a damn good deal. Now, you have sparked my interest about this group 31 thing. Are those insane? When I end up buying my batteries, I will definately be taking a trip up to Charlotte to see you. I think that I paid $159.99 for the one yellow top that I have.

Josh

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast