Thread: Predator question

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Predator question

What's up ya'll? I have a question for the experts here. I am going to keep my truck stock due to the fact I am taking it to Germany and it is a pain in the a$$ to find shops to fix any screw-ups i may do to the truck. So now on with he question, if I just get a predator tuner, will it yield any gains for a stock engine? I don't want to pay $400 dollars for 5hp!! Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ANYONE?????????

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you are keeping your truck stock, i would not waste the money on a predator.
    most people who have the predator use it to flash a new tune to the truck b/c they have modified their trucks boost levels (by changing the upper/lower pulley, aftermarket blower etc.)
    and in that case, they might want to adjust the vehicles timing, remap the transmission shift points or adjust the fuel table to compensate for the "bolt on" power additions.

to the best of my knowledge (which sometimes isn't that vast), a predator will not do much for a stock truck.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks J!! Any other people out there?

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Way back when my truck was in stock form, I pulled 317HP. Adding the Predator only, that jumped up to 329HP on the same dyno on the same day. So is it worth it for 10-15HP? That is up to you.

For less than $400, if you don't want to do much to your truck, I would get a FTVB ($225?) to give you firmer shifts, and a K&N drop in filter ($50) to allow the engine to breathe better. These are very basic mods that shouldn't give you any problems while overseas.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey thanks for the help guys. Yeah I think I will look at some other "basic mods". I don't think $400 for 10 hp is worth it. Thanks ya'll!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You would be surprised, I have already paid that a few times for less. Get the K&N FIPK $230 10-12 Hp. gain.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm running a SCT with dyno tune, 6# lower and K&N. I dynoed 376/465 to the rear wheels. Total cost was right at $650. Using your stock numbers, this will net you 60+ rwhp and be very reliable and a BLAST to drive. That translates to just over $10 a hp. Hard to beat that.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very true, $10 a horse is good, I am just a little worried about something breaking while I am in Germany. Maybe I could run a 4# and a tune, from what I have heard a 4 is very safe.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    393 Hp and change Safe and yeah 491 Tq Safe with a little rubber band slippage. Safe is a relative word in retrospect.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am VERY paranoid because I am very hearing impaired and can't hear detonation. If I run a 6#r and feel safe, you can bet it is. As long as your tuner is good you got no worries. I drive mine like I stole it everyday.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For mid aged I drive as if a blue hair, however at times for mid-aged I drive as if a HP starved teen ager.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So is there somewhere I can get a package deal on a Predator and a 4#? If not where is the best place to purchase? Last question what am I looking at to have the 4# installed? Thanks again!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts