Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Story Says it all

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2861 1st Tanks, CAB, MCTSSA

Got out in 01, still working for USMC just no pickle suit

You in Arty for OIF? I was Kuwait from Jan -March then supported RCT 7 from day 0 through day 65. Made many trips to all the Div's supproting C4I over the past 4 years. Probably rubbed elbows or chewed the same dirt and did not even know it.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sure we did. My team got attached to the British Royal Marines for OIF and we were in England in January 2003. Went to Kuwait in February and while there, my team was re-attached to the Queen's Dragoon Guard. They're a recon unit similar to LAR. Crossed the berm in March, drove up through Um Kasr and up into Basrah. Spent most of the war on OP's just outside of Basrah dodging mortars. Linked up with the rest of my unit in Al Kut and then back down to Kuwait in late April. I was home by May! We ran out of stuff to call airstrikes on and my unit only had 35 Marines at the time (including the CO, XO, etc). Best part? The Corps said we weren't a "combat unit" and gave us a reduced allocation of ammo, radios, etc..........Out of 35 Marines, we were awarded 6 Bronze Stars (3 with combat V's) and 2 Purple Hearts.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Semper FI!

Pre-Kick off I was over at their sight assising in C4I operational support. If you ever saw a Black Escalade cruising around that was me, the only one out there rolling around. Unfortunately I had to trade it in for HMMWV for the dance.

Most of the time I was at Matilda in the back 40 Installing systems in Tanks, AAVs, HMMWVs or up at RCT 7 setting up and training.
    Last edited by bgstew6; 05-06-2005 at 10:52 AM.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think we had teams attached to RCT 7 as well. Kinda hard to keep track of where everyone went. We had some guys that went with US Army 3rd ID, guys out on the MEU, teams with the Royal Marines, and my team out in no-man's land. We were covering land from Al Faw all the way up to Baghdad.

Semper Fi! Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2