Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some Git Stole My Harley

Ben-hur
    Name:

Unhappy Some Git Stole My Harley

Yep it is true, my Harley was supposed to have left Baltimore on the 3rd March, turns out some scrout who works for the port or should I say worked for, decided to use my truck for commuting and ended up doing 1400 miles in it.

He also had a puncture and threw away the wheel with the flat tyre and tried to pull out the rear fuse box.

It has taken a little while, but the port has agreed to fix the car, service, valet and fit new tyres, so here's hoping that she is fixed shortly.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry to hear your plight, man. At least, you discovered all these before you took delivery of the truck and measures are being taken to make things right!!!

Ben-hur
    Name:

Originally posted by kromdom
    sorry to hear your plight, man. At least, you discovered all these before you took delivery of the truck and measures are being taken to make things right!!!
    Thanks, I am just grateful it weren't a clients car, at least with mine I won't lose a client.

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow that sucks bro i can't believe people don't have respect for other people's property.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thats crazy i would want to kill someone, who knows what he did in your truck

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jeez, thats real bad. Glad it wasnt trashed though. I guess if had happened over here you can bet the truck would have been torched and the Police would have taken months to do anything.

Hopefully the truck will be fully sorted and everything else will go fine.

I hope they didnt steal the 24 inch rims, drop kit, tonneau cover, predator reflash or Stealthbox that you had in the pickup bed...... LOL

Kev F

Ben-hur
    Name:

Thanks lads for all your thoughts, sad though it is, I am just grateful that it was my truck and not a clients.

I have at least learnt something though, and that it to make sure I book the insurance UK side.

If you want to read more, then check this site out: -

Thieving Scoundrels

Cheers,

John

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey what would the cost be to ship my truck back to the states-- to baltimore. I am kind of torn. i have heard of companies that will crate and uncrate in your face and ship, but I also am entitled to free shipping with the military. unfortunately the military would want me to raise the truck back up to stock height and de mod it some. that may cost more than having it shipped commercially. would really rather sleep in the bed and go with it. lol

Ben-hur
    Name:

Originally posted by Flatout_Krazy
    hey what would the cost be to ship my truck back to the states-- to baltimore. I am kind of torn. i have heard of companies that will crate and uncrate in your face and ship, but I also am entitled to free shipping with the military. unfortunately the military would want me to raise the truck back up to stock height and de mod it some. that may cost more than having it shipped commercially. would really rather sleep in the bed and go with it. lol
    Hi mate,

Rather than abuse the hosting on this site, can you do me a favour and fill out the following and I'll come back to you off forum: -

http://www.goldenchariotsinternation...quickquote.htm

Many Thanks, and I'll look after the price.

Regards,

John

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    done, with what info i have now. I was just looking for a rough guess on it. thanks mate for the prompt reply and the info

Are you going to the AACUK Spring nats next month in kettering?

Ben-hur
    Name:

done, with what info i have now. I was just looking for a rough guess on it. thanks mate for the prompt reply and the info

Are you going to the AACUK Spring nats next month in kettering?
    I'm hoping to Rob, but it will just be for the day as I have nothing to tow the caravan with.

I'll email my moby and perhaps we can meet on the Sunday, should be going in my 62 Pink Caddy as the Vette won't be ready in time.

Cheers Mate

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sweet. Looks like there will be a few trucks around on Sunday. I am trying to see if we can get like 5 or so and maybe I can get the Ceo to give us a roped off UKHTOC paddock or something

Ben-hur
    Name:

sweet. Looks like there will be a few trucks around on Sunday. I am trying to see if we can get like 5 or so and maybe I can get the Ceo to give us a roped off UKHTOC paddock or something
    I can just see that dude with 4 or 5 Harleys and my Caddy in the Middle LOL

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't know if you have thought of this, but maybe one of the New Jersey or Maryland guys could go over and check it out for you. That way an HD owner would know what they are looking at versus having an insurance company just telling you what they think it will need to be fixed. Just an idea.

Ben-hur
    Name:

Originally posted by 2manytrucks
    I don't know if you have thought of this, but maybe one of the New Jersey or Maryland guys could go over and check it out for you. That way an HD owner would know what they are looking at versus having an insurance company just telling you what they think it will need to be fixed. Just an idea.
    Good idea Rob, but I'll check with the port first as I think they have things in hand, but worth thinking about....thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast