Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: bilsteins - Bilstein says the Lightning shocks are not the way to go

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    George G.
    Used 'screw-spec Bilsteins for my HD and YES: freeway bounce/hop/jiggle is GONE!
    And I know what you mean by the difference in ride quality and feel vs. the L-spec units. I have been driving my Lightning a lot lately and when I jump into the HD, I can really tell the big difference.

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the feel of the stiffness, the truck to me is more "sport" by nature and the L-spec finishes it off for me nicely. I could see what your talking about if you didn't want a sports car ride though.... Guess you can get some Screw specs and let us know the difference!!!!
    '03 Two-Tone #00664
    Born on 11/25/2002
    395 RWHP 493 RWTQ

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    im also looking into bilsteins right now but want to keep the stock more luxury than sporty feel. would u recommend the screw biltsteins then?

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let me say this to explain a little better.... I don't think its all that bad, the truck just "feels" more of the road. It doesn't jar your teeth, i.e. nothing like a vette or z car something of that nature, just a good firm ride.

Someone else want to join in here, from what I understand a ground force lowering kit produces a way more violent ride than L-spec stein's.... Rob should chime in here in a sec I think he will better be able to explain.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to try the other spec shocks but since these are paid for and installed...I won't be changing them for a while. Just losing the highway bounce was worth it enough to put up with a little jolt every now and then.

sdharley, you may have to make a leap of faith and decide based on Kromdom's and my descriptions. good luck.

Elliot's right....I may have made it sound like it's unbearable. It's way more firm than the stock shocks but you won't be needing a kidney transplant in the future.
    Last edited by George G; 05-23-2005 at 03:27 PM.
    George

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Silver03HD
    ....., from what I understand a ground force lowering kit produces a way more violent ride than L-spec stein's.... Rob should chime in here in a sec I think he will better be able to explain.

Don't say that! I got some GF 1" lowering springs in the garage going in once I get back from vacation.

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just going off of what Fuzz and Rob were talking about last time we were together. They said it was rough....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3