Thread: XTANT 3300c

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

XTANT 3300c

I am looking for reviews from people who have used it. Pros and cons. What do you guys think?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stick XTANT 3300c in GOOGLE a bunch of reviews come up for you reading pleasure...Just searched myself..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    XTant is a great sound-quallity oriented amplifier. Awesome features built in (noisegate, rear channel shared power with crossovers & volume, excellent crossover section).

They just never really caught on.

If I found the right untis/models , for the right $$ I'd build a system around them.

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I first came aboard at Tweeter, we carried Xtant, and the installers loved them. We dropped the brand shortly after I started because of some quirks and supply issues. I'm not neccessarily in the know, because I'm a home-install guy.

I still know several of our car audio installers that use these amps for competitive level cars and love them. I can vouch for sound quality.

-Dave
    Politicians are like diapers.
    They need to be changed often, and for the same reason.

2003 Two-Tone #6258
    JLP Ram-Air CAI, Hotchkis TVS, FTVB, Sylvania Xenarcs...so far

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good point Dave, Xtant originally was an independant company made up of some of the best designers & engineers in all of audio (car, home, professional). Unfortunately, designers/engineers are not warehouse/distribution experts or business planners... lol....

Xtant approached MTX to partner on the $$ flow side & share technologies, BUT stay out of their way as a separate company. So far it has worked.

Installation wise, the things offer SOO many options, tricks, & solutions, not gimicks & flash... The only gripe I have ever had with them is in the X-series (the original models up to today) offer "3channel" designs with a main set of channels & then a sub channel. But the rear-speaker "tap" from the fronts is a shared channel, not dedicated. The X-series have all the bells, whistles & module port/card expandability. They now offer multi-channel amps, but they are slightly different in design so cosmetics are an issue...

Bottom line, if they make amp(s) in the Xtant series that will work for you, they are a great value & will perform very very well. The X-series is the trophy seires, & you pay for it. You will need a minimum of (2) amplifers to run one of our trucks with all 4 doors (with fader) & a subwoofer system & in the X-series that is pricey. But the value is there... plus being unique/different is cool too.. they look awesome & you don't see many of them out there... exclusivity baby!

Dave, what about your EM kit doesn't fit?

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oops Xtant does offer a 4ch in the X604, but does not offer that with a sub channel... which is cool.... 75x4 is plenty for the doors/kicks then an X1001 for the sub @ 500x1... yummy....

www.cardomain.com is the only authorized internet retailer.

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the LFP tensioner, and I can't seem to get that one wire to fit with that idler in place. It's extremely tight, like it should be, but I can't get enough play to get it on.
    I know EM is working on a solution, so it shouldn't be long. I can't wait.

Once I get that on, the focus goes to car audio.

I'm trading my MB Quarts (QSD216) for either Boston Z6's or the Focal K2 series. Going with the JL Audio 450/4 in the new chrome finish, and I'll be running a 1000/1 (also chrome) to (2) JL 8w7's in a custom rear enclosure. I'm also considering the Audison amps, but they make JL's amp pricing look cheap.

-Dave

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So what your saying is if you have one keep it. And if you can get one buy it? Well I am in a dilemma. I am trying to sell mine but I dont really want to. I have a JL 500/1 but I dont have an amp for my mids and highs. What to do what to do?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you have an Xtant, especially for mids & highs you can't go wrong. Awesome amplifiers in the X-series especially.

Rob W