Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All Ford Bracket Race, Car Show and Swap Meet - Sacramento, CA - Sunday May 1, 2005

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All Ford Bracket Race, Car Show and Swap Meet - Sacramento, CA - Sunday May 1, 2005

Our next major event is the
    3rd Annual - All Ford Bracket Race, Car Show and Swap Meet

Held at:
    Sacramento Raceway, Excelsior Rd., Sacramento, CA

On:
    Sunday, May 1st, 2005

Information:

Drag Race
    Must be Ford powered!
    Pro Street - 8.00 to 11.99 electronics allowed
    Sportsman - 10.00 to 15.99 no electronics
    Street Rod - 12.00 to 17.99 DOT street tires, mufflers
    Novice - Time trials only, first timers, grudge races, "run-what-you-brung"

Sacramento Area Mustang Club Car Show
    Must be Ford powered!
    25 categories of Ford related vehicles
    Goody bags, Prizes, & Trophies
    "Best of Show" Award

Towe Auto Museum Swap Meet
    Find that illusive original part
    Sell your used & new parts or your automotive related products
    Car sales welcome

To register:

Go to www.fordlovers.com
    You can also phone 800-866-1179
    or email larry@fordlovers.com

General admission is $10 for adults (kids 12 and under free)
    Car Show is $25
    Swap Meet is $25
    Time trials is $30
    Race Entry is $40
    ALL event package is $50

Come on Sacramento guys this is in your backyard!!
    No excuse not to be there!
    Post up if any of you are going to show up.
    2002 Black Harley-Davidson F150
    2.6 KB, DMP Built Motor, Dynatech LT's

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guess our Sacramento members must be sleeping or no longer own Harley trucks anymore. Time to do some more recruiting!

Post Surfer
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wish I could be there...... cause I would love to go.

Just cant wait for july to get here.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by BigL31
    Wish I could be there...... cause I would love to go.

Just cant wait for july to get here.
    Let me know when you get settled in town... maybe we can arrange to meet up!

Post Surfer
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by airtroop01
    Let me know when you get settled in town... maybe we can arrange to meet up!
    Sure thing!

Just found out Monday that we fly to Dallas on June 1st. So we should hit Cali any day in the first week of July.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can't wait for the show!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you Big!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guess our Sacramento members must be sleeping or no longer own Harley trucks anymore. Time to do some more recruiting!
    Phil, just a reminder, many of them do not have/use the internet and that's why emails are so important. I see some of them, from time to time.
    NHTOC #4

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by JCZ
    Phil, just a reminder, many of them do not have/use the internet and that's why emails are so important. I see some of them, from time to time.
    If they dont have or use the internet how are they going to know whats going on, If thye can get on the internet to check there mail they should be able to check the club forum for upcomming events, I know Phil has sent out letters VIA E-mail and did not get any reponces, so if you see these people again please ask them why they will complain but yet they wont return e-mails...

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to agree with Craig..

If they have access to email, they should be able to go to this site just as easily. Besides finding out about the next event going on, there's a lot of good people here that can help them out and its an excellent venue to keep in touch with your Harley brothers when you don't have time to see em everyday. Even Bruce has been able to check the site out from time to time and he's out in Afganistan.

BTW: Will we see you at the All Ford Meet? Bring your rig and head out there!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to agree with Craig..

If they have access to email, they should be able to go to this site just as easily. Besides finding out about the next event going on, there's a lot of good people here that can help them out and its an excellent venue to keep in touch with your Harley brothers when you don't have time to see em everyday. Even Bruce has been able to check the site out from time to time and he's out in Afganistan.

BTW: Will we see you at the All Ford Meet? Bring your rig and head out there!
    Phil, I mispoke when I said "email". There were members of our club that did not have internet or email. For those, we'd have to call........or use the Sacramento Bee (we discussed that with you at the transition meeting) auto club section. Many of our members found us from the paper and others found us from the dealership informing them.

In response to the post above (Craig's post)......I don't recall anything about somebody "complaining" and I'm not sure what that "complaint" is about. Neither have I ever received an email from you Phil, except in response to one that I sent to you. So if you're sending emails out, they're not getting to me, either.

To be clear, my post concerning this issue does not come from a negative angle, nor should it be misconstrued as a complaint. Rather, it is just a bit of information that I am passing along......that some members do not have internet and therefore, have been left out of the communication circle. What you decide to do with that information is up to you. Will it bring them back to be active participants, should you decide to call them or write them? I can't answer that and that would remain to be seen.

I wish you and the club the best Phil! I hope for nothing but good things for it, but it does take a lot of energy and time, to make and keep it a club......I mean a lot of energy and a lot of time!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the info but remember thats both Phil and I running it, not just Phil, thankyou

On to more info, there letting people register at the show for those who decide last min to go!

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JCZ, no worries, I didn't take your post as negative... but was confused with the email thing that's all. I do appreciate your comments and support.

The thought of creating a newsletter crossed my mind. However, when we took over the club we didn't want to charge anyone for joining it. Sending out a newsletter would be a cost to print and snail mail them out.

Still scratching my head... its 2005 now, can't we get some of those people out of the stone age and into surfing the internet? I mean, even my wife's 86 yr old grandfather starting using the internet and looking at things on ebay!

I'll even donate 2 maybe 3 old dinosaur Compaq computers to some needy Sacramento members. They aren't good for much, but would still work to allow someone to email and get to the nhtoc!

Again, I do appreciate your comments and will take them to heart.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since my job is being a bunch of ***'s and wont tell me till Sat night if I will be able to get off early, we will plan between 6 and 6:30 to meet at the Shell staion on the North side of Vasco in Livermore, from there we will travel 5 till we hit Hwy 4 which we will meet up with Scoot CoiledUp and take 5 to the 50.
    (Thanx to Paul and map quest)

If anyone else is going to go please speak up or we will see you at the show.

Going:
    Craig
    Phil
    Scoot
    Paul

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome... 6am... where's the bugles sounding reveille when you need em??!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to work on sundays

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast