Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is the 06 not supercharged

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why is the 06 not supercharged

I just bought a 03 kinda of wanted a 06 until I heard it was n/a, just wondering why they chose that route???

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ford probably doesn't want to overshadow the new SVT Adrenaline coming out in 07.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the adrenaline is using the 4.6 cobra motor

the 06 is a 3 valve 5.4. plus ford is going wiht whipple s/c's vs eatons for the vehicles that will be s/c'ed i believe. they'd have to tune the 06 for that, and the HD isn't based on just being a performance truck. its more of a sport appearance package, with insane details. not just a huge motor. thats called a lightning

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    because it would cost them (ford) too much money.......

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ford is kinda predictable that way.

The first year or two, always underpowered but it has the looks and usually attracts the people who have to get the latest thing out there. Then the following years they'll put more oats into it. Look at the new Mustang. They release the GT. Delay the release of the convertible to get a whole new group of people raving about it. Then delay the release of the Shelby to get the word stirring up again. Then watch... you'll start hearing of a new Boss, Mach I or Bullet coming out. Its how they prolong the love affair with the product.

The lightning, reportedly they contemplated releasing the new bodystyle with the current engine program. But they knew the weight increased and the faithful Lightning owners wouldn't have tolerated getting a slower Lightning.

The Mustangs are definitely the mainstream product. Once the Shelby comes out, the new L will be re-announced, and hopefully a HD with that motor will find its way into our trucks.

Of course that's all my opinion...but I've been a Ford fan long enough to be patient and just modify my ride while I wait to tide me over.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pretty good way of looking at it airtroop......

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Because Ford has ID10T itus...

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ford's not going with eaton for their superchargers? Any ideas why?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    New whipple puttin a whoopin on that Eaton

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    harley#356, I find your term "sport appearance pkg." interesting. I see a trim level only with no sportiness at all. If none of the powertrain or suspension is any different than other F150's where is the sport? Since they stopped offering HD's with uinique engines, the mystique is gone! Sad - hopefully only temporary. Any good rumors for a year or two from now, anyone? Not wishes, rumors, please?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    if thats your opinion that is fine, but look at your definition of "sport"....you are making it basically the same thing as performance package. there is a difference though.

the HD DOES actually have suspension upgrades. stiffer front sway bar, lowered stance, low profile tires on 20 or 22" rims (depending on the year), and the 06 will actually be the first f150 to ever have AWD as an option. also, as for a small part of performance...the harley tuned exhaust. yeah it may not add any noticible seat of the pants power, but it adds to the sportiness of the truck. much more than a chrome tip that a lariat trim package would get.

also...look at other cars that are "sports" models. they usually have a sportier interior (HD's all black and leather), ground effects of some sort (HD's lower front valance and driving lights, nurf bars, monochromatic paint with chrome accents).

as for the HD's being offered with unique engines providing a mystique to the trucks? a de-tuned stock lightning motor hand-me-down doesnt seem very unique of an engine to me
    yes it definately does make a huge impact on what the image of the 02-03 HD's are, dont get me wrong, but so does the rest of the harley appearance/sport package.

if it was just a XL supercrew with a detuned lightning motor,.... from what it sounds like you are saying...it would be just as nice as a harley edition with a detuned L motor.

Gone but never forgotten
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well said josh! i totally agree
    [/SIGPIC]2000 H.D # 3344 Procharged, 12lb Pulley, Mad's Intake, FTVB, 42Lb Inj.

2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you just gotta figure, ford isnt in it to just make the performance hungry guys happy. they are in it to make the most money they can.

so they make the truck for two years as a street/sport truck. give it that HD styling, kick azz interior, n/a motor but still biggest V8 they got, upgraded suspension exhaust, etc. in 00-01... then they satisfy the performance market. guys looking for basically a 4 door lightning but with more styling in 02-03. then hit up the market for the people who want that harley styling and package but need a bigger heavier duty truck in 4x4 that can tow and work and do all that, hence the 04-05 250/350 HD's. now they are back to square one again with the new body style. i wouldnt be one bit suprised if history makes an exact repeat of itself

06 supercab, sporty-ish truck HD
    07 pretty much same as 06 but available in crew cab
    08-09 supercharged, possibly using a detuned L motor if the L comes back alive again
    10-11 back to superduties which will by the probably have another fresh full redesign in styling.

Found On Redneck Driveway
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I totally agree with that 356. In fact they are already working on the new superduty now. The only thing that may change your forcast is what happens with the L. If it doesnt show up till 07 or 08 they will hold putting the L engine in the HD till 09 or 10. That's my $.02

Gone but never forgotten
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ford knows how to make money, they dont throw all their eggs in one basket right off the hop, instead they get people to buy and then want the next version and trade up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast