Thread: zainoed my truck

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

zainoed my truck

Good Lord, that is hard friggin work. I sweat my *** off to dawn wash, claybar whole truck, pre-polish, Z1, and gloss enhancer. Only one coat of Z1/gloss enhancer. It took me about 3 hours. You guys with 6 and 7 coats of zaino need to seek professional help pronto!

I posted some pix on world:

http://www.fordtruckworld.com/mygallery.asp?id=3705

I am BEAT. My arms are sore. Hope I can get some time next weekend to add 2 more coats of z-1/gloss enhancer.

Ken

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: zainoed my truck

Originally posted by ken800
    You guys with 6 and 7 coats of zaino need to seek professional help pronto!
    Josh???;i

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sure is purdy....
    Attached Images Attached Images

EN-V-me
    Name:

i tried zanio and didn't get any better results then most waxes, i don't really think zaino is all its cracked up to be

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looking Good
    NHTOC Member #20

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks great. I used Zaino for the first time this weekend and I think the results are amazing!
    Hey Ken800, don't you just use one coat of Z1 and multiple of the Z2? I thought that's what the directions said. Z1 just needs to be used like 2 times a year, Z2 can be used up to 5 times in a row to achieve the ultra wet look.
    After 1 coat of Z2, I am amazed!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excessive Speed
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where do you buy Zaino products? Do you have to go direct to zaino or are there distributors? They have a huge list of products, what are the essentials? Also is that dawn wash as in "Dawn dishsoap"?

thanks

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey dont forget about that coat of z5

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, Dawn dishsoap. I got mine direct. I think there are a couple of west coast dealers...

I'll go back and read the instructions, but I thought the process was wash with dawn, claybar, polishlok, polish, gloss enhancer spray. Then, more layers of polish/gloss enhancer to make it look like a mirror.

Either way, I have one whole coat now and it looks good and is extremely "slippery".

I think I may "dawn wash" it in the next few months and just go to a cherry wet wax or something that doesn't require so much work.

One thing I will add is that zaino doesn't seem to leave a white "paste" on the truck where the wax is accidentally applied to plastic trim. I was real careful, but I still got some on there. I wiped it off and it seems to be fine. We'll see over the long term.

Ken

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A friend of mine owns a paint/body shop, I asked him what he does to his cars and show truck. He washes them with Dawn dish soap, uses Z1, then Z2 on top of that, let it dry then wipe it off and buff. He has applied 4 coats of Z2 to his black lightning, it looks immaculate. The Z5 and Z6 sure do help, but are not necessary to get the high gloss look. I am still amazed at the results after 1 application.
    Here is a link to the application page of Zaino's web site.

http://www.zainobros.com/files/application.htm

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's only the intial application stuff that makes Zaino difficult...

But then again, the dawn soap, and claybar SHOULD be done with ALL waxes...

It's better to wait a day or two at least between the z2's, z5's and z6's... and even then you just wash and wax....

EN-V-me
    Name:

maybe im doing something wrong, i tried everything from very light coast to where you can't even see the wax to a pretty heavy coat , and well i don't think its any better then the GOLD Glass wax got a autozone, is there a special way to take it off?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Use light coats, on a clean car and wipe the hood from the bumper towards the windshield, the sides wipe up and down. Got that tip from the website. Everyone that has seen my car is amazed at the shine, and several people went on line and placed orders!

I've used Meguier's before, and it was OK, but this Zaino is incredible, I've never been happier with a product.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It DOES take a LONG time to dry... Maybe you are taking it off too soon?

I too have had people amazed at the shine... usually at car shows and carclub gatherings... even on a WHITE Lightning... and that's usually after only a carwash and using the spray on gloss enhancer...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    If you get the ZFX, you'll save yourself and IMMENSE amount of work. no need for the Z1 polish-lok, and it dries instantly. the zaino can be a real PITA to remove if its not dry all the way. when its setup though it wipes right off. with ZFX by the time i'm done appying it can be removed.

Takes me about an hour to do a coat of zaino and go over the truck with Z6. and its so easy on and off that after the 9 coats i did last year in 2 months, i wasn't all that sore

it won't turn the plastic white either, which is a BIG plus.
    my truck hasn't been zainoed since NOVEMBER though, and it sits outside through rain snow and all 24/7. after i wash it and Z6 it, it looks like it was just polished though still! Thats a long time for polish to hold up. gotta strip it and dawn, claybar, and redo the whole process when i get a weekend off though.

Get the Z5 also, and its a must for black trucks. its not much of a swirl remover, its also a polish like Z2, and gives a different look that Z2. on black the Z5 looks much better than just Z2 IMO.

when i do 3 coats in a day with ZFX, i do two coats of Z5, and one coat of Z2 with Z2 on all the chrome.

that innitial process is a bear to do, but after that its SOOO easy

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint