Thread: My #4/5 and #5 groudnign point solution

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My #4/5 and #5 groudnign point solution

Well I could not wait any longer due to the anticipation of hooking up the EM kit. SO I did a variation on Blu By U intallation. I just went to True Value bout two 8mm couplers which are about an inch long.

I have a Metco Idler kit and the problem is even more pronounced for the #5 connection. But the bolt setup is the same, took the nut off that holds the idler there. Then put in two washers and screwed an 8mm coupler there, which brought it out flush with the Idler Kit. then scewed a 8mm bolt into this to attach the #5 final location.

Pic of Driver side #5 wire hookup

I then screwed one on the bolt that sticks out of the stock idler bracket and then screwed a 8mm bolt into it to attach the #4 and #5 wire.

Pic of Passenger side #4/#5 hookup

In all no dremel, a solution for aftermarket idler kits and all for 1.50 in parts.

Now before this install I had put the Hyper Voltage System Medium Range kit on my truck. With this I noticed that the headlights, interior lights and dash lights were brighter. I also noticed improved throttle response, smoother idle and that the stereo was a lot cleaner and louder.

I then installed the EM Grounding kit, left the hyper voltage in place, and noticed an instant improvement yet again. The lights were brighter, idle was even smoother, throttle response improved yet again, and the truck starts even quicker. Now I need to data log some hwy miles and see what the overall effect is on Gas Mileage. Unfortunately I also installed an EFAN and have no step by step comparison with Dyno results or gas mileage.

Yeah yeah, I know that the engine looks like azz!! The previous owner must have sprayed an entire can of belt dressing in there. It used to be far worse than what you see. I will be getting the rest of that crap off this week. Bad thing is it has looked like this for a year and I am finally getting off my duff to clean it all up.

I was a J-HO!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stew,
    How long is the 8mm coupler? I need this to hook up my last wire. 1" or 2"?
    Thanks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they are one inch long

Rage for Order
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't find any 8mm couplers here. Went to 4 places and the nearest I got was having one shipped from Penn and I could only buy in quantities of no less than 10. Did you happen to get 2 in a package stew? If so I'll shoot you some paypal to send me the extra one if your not going to use it.

Rick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rage,

I went to three Speed shops, two autozones, two pep boys, two motorcycle shops, two Lowes, two Home Depots and two TRue Values. The 1st True Value was out and called the other one who happened to have some.

True Value had three left, they sell them quite a bit. I used both on my truck. I will run by there today after work and see if they still have it. I will pm Ya if they have any or not. I owe ya one anyway so dont worry bout paying me.

I was a J-HO!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Going to Home Depot or True Value tonight. I hope they have what I need.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Harley,

When I head to true value tonight I will get a couple more if they have them.

I should hve stated that Home Depot, Pep Boys used to carry them but do not anymore. At least the ones here in Oside do not. Kragen, Autozone, Lowes did not carry them at all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Btw could an administrator move this thread? I just noticed that I put it in the wrong forum some how.

Thanks

I was a J-HO!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Stew. I will let you know if I am ablt to find them.

I was a J-HO!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Still looking Home Depot and Lowes don't have the metric couplers. By the time I get home from work True Value has been closed. Stew were you able to get more?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was not able to make a run yet. But when I do I will let ya know how many I got a hold of.

shoot me an email at bgstew6@gmail.com to remind me tomorrow.