Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: She has finally arrived - Need some help though

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ben-hur...if I am understanding your key situation correctly..you have 2 remotes (only one works) and you are trying to also get the code for the keyless entry pad on the door?? Is that about right??

The key pad on the door is easy. Just climb in your drivers door and look under the dash. In the top left hand corner (way up there) bolted to the firewall, you will see a white box (that is one of the computers) on that box is a sticker with a whole bunch of writing on it. There is a string of 5 digits in larger print than the others. That is the stock keypad code. You can change it to whatever you want, but that one should always work.

As for the remotes, I know there is a procedure for how to do it, I just don't remember where I saw it (on another website). I will see what I can find.

Ben-hur
    Name:

Originally posted by 2manytrucks
    Ben-hur...if I am understanding your key situation correctly..you have 2 remotes (only one works) and you are trying to also get the code for the keyless entry pad on the door?? Is that about right??

The key pad on the door is easy. Just climb in your drivers door and look under the dash. In the top left hand corner (way up there) bolted to the firewall, you will see a white box (that is one of the computers) on that box is a sticker with a whole bunch of writing on it. There is a string of 5 digits in larger print than the others. That is the stock keypad code. You can change it to whatever you want, but that one should always work.

As for the remotes, I know there is a procedure for how to do it, I just don't remember where I saw it (on another website). I will see what I can find.
    Thanks for your post, the other lads have been really helpful as well.

I am a big lad so my much smaller mate is going to try and get under the dash to see the code, just need to get him to look during daylight.

The lads have very kindly sent me the info for the keys to re program, if you have the detaisl for the remote, then that woudl be great.

Everyone on here has been so helpful, it really is appreciated.

The loss adjuster is visiting next Tuesday and so far it appears that the bill for repair is into 1000's of $

This particular problem with the keys has been a pain as spending an hour on the phone to Customer relations at Ford resulted in them telling me to talk to UK ford and UK Ford telling me to talk to US Ford and vica versa, finally spent another hour trying to find the prginal ford dealer in Ohio without success yet, but apparently there is a dealer in the UK near Mildenhall US Air Force base that is sanctioned by Ford US to service their vehicles and claims to have the tools to do mine as well.

So with a bit of luck we might have things sorted.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Found it:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=152338

Should work for yours as well.

Can someone make this a Sticky??

Ben-hur
    Name:

Originally posted by 2manytrucks
    Found it:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=152338

Should work for yours as well.

Can someone make this a Sticky??
    Brilliant Mate, I'll try this shortly.

Many Thanks.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry I just noticed the staffs bit lol I'm down in Brighton but I should be able to scan and either post e-mail or fax to ya

Ben-hur
    Name:

Originally posted by hemiuk
    Sorry I just noticed the staffs bit lol I'm down in Brighton but I should be able to scan and either post e-mail or fax to ya
    Thanks, scan would be great, hopefully meet up at some of the shows.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    John,

You will probably find it Mildenhall Auto Centre. I hope the will cover warranty work for you. Let me know how you get on as the chrome on a couple of my wheels has started to pit a chip off. I was wondering if I could claim under the warranty through them as they are only a year old....

Cheers

kev f

Originally posted by Ben-hur
    Thanks for your post, the other lads have been really helpful as well.

I am a big lad so my much smaller mate is going to try and get under the dash to see the code, just need to get him to look during daylight.

The lads have very kindly sent me the info for the keys to re program, if you have the detaisl for the remote, then that woudl be great.

Everyone on here has been so helpful, it really is appreciated.

The loss adjuster is visiting next Tuesday and so far it appears that the bill for repair is into 1000's of $

This particular problem with the keys has been a pain as spending an hour on the phone to Customer relations at Ford resulted in them telling me to talk to UK ford and UK Ford telling me to talk to US Ford and vica versa, finally spent another hour trying to find the prginal ford dealer in Ohio without success yet, but apparently there is a dealer in the UK near Mildenhall US Air Force base that is sanctioned by Ford US to service their vehicles and claims to have the tools to do mine as well.

So with a bit of luck we might have things sorted.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dont feel alone on the damage to your truck. my 03 was brand new and they stole all my harley emblems and truck manual on the way to england and they stole more stuff on the way back to the US. Some people have no brains

Ben-hur
    Name:

Originally posted by KevF
    John,

You will probably find it Mildenhall Auto Centre. I hope the will cover warranty work for you. Let me know how you get on as the chrome on a couple of my wheels has started to pit a chip off. I was wondering if I could claim under the warranty through them as they are only a year old....

Cheers

kev f
    Thanks Kev, the work will not be warranty work but Insurance claim work as the truck is a 2001.

When I spoke to Ford they categorically stated that only Military personel posted over seas are eligable for warranty work on their cars as technically the military base is US Soil.

PS Can you fax me a quote for a full valet on 01902-798294

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3