Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Texas State GTG, whos in, where, when? input please!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll probably start heading back home that same evening...not up for making it a 2 day trip. Why don't the DFW group meet at a Waffle House like at 4am and then cruise on down. That way we get there early and have more daytime available.
    George

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That could be an idea. That way we have all day for pictures.

Where would be a good place for pictures in the Austin area?

RIP Blake
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It seems as though June is no good for most people......August is no good for me and some others. How about July?

We could take pictures near or around Lake Travis.....might make for a great scenery spot also.

I heard of a place called Coyote Ugly's....that we can stop at for lunch.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Theres a Coyote Ugly here in Dallas, Ive hurt myself there a few times .... that place just aint right.

Good idea George, theres a Waffle House and a Cracker Barrel at I 35 and Wintergreen Rd in DeSoto/Lancaster.

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the car show in Austin sounds fun. Early August is out for me, I'll be in Cali.

RIP Blake
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know nothing about Coyote Ugly, just heard of it from some local people. If it does not have a friendly environment, then it is out of the question.....seeing as some people may be bringing their families with them.

Who know's.....we'll find a place.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I didnt mean that in a bad way, sorry for the confusion, its a fun place, the girls put on a great show, nothing "R" rated but its more a bar than a place to eat.
    If you get a chance go to one, the drinks are a little pricey but you'll have a good time.

RIP Blake
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    okay cool....thanks for the clarification.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Coyote is a great place to go for a little fun. I even have yet to find ladies who are put off by it too.. Like Hooters.. minus the wings...Country Style.. lol

http://www.coyoteuglysaloon.com/austin/index.html

As long as Carrie or the other wives/girlfriends are game it could be a good place... however we have to take into account our "young-ins" like Blake & such under 21... that's why hooter or Bone daddy's is an easier choice....

Or it could be a later night Jaunt out... share a couple cabs for those who wanna go...

I am planning an overnight for sure for myself.

ROb W

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fun Ford

I think the Fun Ford should be a given and if we want to do something else, that is good too. I am in for Austin (Carlos and Charlies), Kemah (boardwalk), Galveston (bikeshow; sounds cool). Of these, Galveston sounds best but is farther for everyone! Dallas has multiple locations we can do. I guess I really haven't helped much so I will just sit and listen.
    2006 F250 Blue w/Flames
    6.0L HD#521; BullyDog Mods - Kevin
    Alpine IVA-W200; Clarion OHM153, RF Amps, Boston Acoustic 6.5, Solobaric L78

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Austin is going to be the place. Since it's more central for everyone.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kevin... you crack me up...

Rob W

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well like I said I have put on a few of these in Austin.. Remember one thing on the bigger named spots for food, they will take time out from driving and pics.. What we (Texas Chapter of FTW) have done in the past is meet at like the hotel of choice, la Quinta off of mopac and Palmer is where we know the manager.. Everyone meet like around the 11am time frame from there would do a drive to like Smoky J's BBQ at 620 and 2222(I would take the 2222 route).. Then head down 620 about 3 miles to the big church there overlooking Lake Travis (done some photo's there before).. From the might take a ride out into the hill country or what not but would bet it would be around 2 to 3pm.. So might take a tour back towards the hotel.. Depending on time.. From there those that need to head out can and those that want to stay would do a night at the show y'all have spoken of.. Straight out palmer so would not be that hard.. I know there are food spots all around for dinner, one that we use as well is Rudy's BBQ since easy in and eat type deal.. Next morning I'm sure there would be trucks going everywhere.. Just depends on the time everyone wants to leave..

Well just food for thought on it all..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mumbly, somehow I knew Smokey J's would be on this trip. lol If we need to do an overhead shot like NLOC, there's a parking garage where I work at (on 2222 so it's on the way) that we could almost get the same type view. With the number of trucks coming, it should turn out perfect. Nothing wrong with gettin' a couple of different backgrounds.

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up I know what you're thinking

Originally posted by lil D
    I'm in for this. Just name the place.
    That was the Carlos and Charlies idea that I had. they have a great place and it is really close to the water!!!!! They have nice hotels close by and it is a good area. Beautiful drive. about 3.5 out of Dallas.
    http://www.cncaustin.com/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast