Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Diablo Tuner/rwtd Info

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol

better email them my questions

reason that I posted here is that there seem to be a few guys here who know the predator prerry well and might even have a few Revolution Masters here.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Did you guy's see this post by Ryan?

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...redator+update

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Has anyone had any issues loading the upgrade???
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    The upgrade went smooth for me.
    Here are some specs on the tune that James at RWTD sent me.

Here are the basic stats on the files:

- Rev Limiter: 5700
    - Shift Points RPM: 5400
    - Shift Points MPH: Optimized
    - Shift Pressure: Stock
    - Shift Duration: Stock
    - Speed Limiter: 255
    - COT (Catalyst Overtemp): OFF (causes the vehicle to run rich in the upper rpms if left on)
    - Torque Management (aka Torque Reduction) is: OFF
    - Boost Bypass is: OFF
    - Intercooler Pump Enable/Disable Temps: -20 degrees from factory
    - IC Pump On Delay Time: 1 sec after start (factory is 20 secs)
    - Idle Speed: 600 rpms
    - Rear O2 DTC's: OFF (this is for if you go to high flow cats or no cats, but it will not affect your performance or driveability)
    - Max Timing in upper rpms:
    --tune1: Depends on overall calculated Load from the pcm. You should see approx. 15 degrees max at WOT, in the upper rpms. I have also revamped the entire timing curve at all throttle positions.
    --tune2: Depends on overall calculated Load from the pcm. You should see approx. 17 degrees max at WOT, in the upper rpms. I have also revamped the entire timing curve at all throttle positions.
    - Fuel: You should be around 11.8 to 12.0 on the a/f flatlined across the board.

As I always tell my customers, should you experience ANY pinging/detonation then please let me know. I would suggest BP/Amoco (same fuel made by Amoco now), Shell, Sunoco, or Mobil fuels (if any are available; if not use the best fuel available). You MUST use 93 octane with any of these tunes.

If you have the latest Predator revision you will notice that your fuel injector slopes seem smaller than factory. This is normal with my tuning, so please do not be alarmed. I lower the high and low injector slopes, the airmass (engine displacement) scalar, and the MAF Table by a certain % (after I'm done tweaking it to the proper curve for your modifications). This gives me more room at the upper voltage limits of the MAF Table to ensure that your truck will have enough fuel in it with the factory MAF. Again, do not worry, as this will NOT affect any driveability or performance of your vehicle in a negative fashion whatsoever.

If and when you go to the dyno, if it's a Dynojet (or a Superflow), please make sure you take a floppy and/or blank cd so the dyno operator can copy over the Dynojet Runview files (.sfd files if it is a Superflow) from each individual run. They are located within the folder that he creates in your name on the Dynojet computer's C: drive. They will end in .001, .002, .003, etc., or they will end in .drf. I'm able to open these up in our Dynojet software (or Superflow software if that's the dyno used) and plot them out. With these, I can perfectly dial in your fueling if there is any needed changes.

Also, you may want to consider your own a/f meter. This would save you trips to the dyno, and possibly ultimately on the costs incurred from going to the dyno. I sell the Dynojet Wideband Commander for $425 unadvertised (MSRP is $529). You can find it for sale on my main website: www.runninwiththedevil.com/maf.htm . You can read more up on it here: www.widebandcommander.com . You can easily send me data logs from it and I can perfect all the fueling regardless of the mods you may add in the future. Most go with the White faced guage to match our factory guages.

Please use the Custom Tune Instructions below to install it.

Custom Tune Installation Instructions

To reinstall the new file that you're sent as a "Custom Tune", do the following:

Step 1: Plug the Predator into your vehicle, go to "Performance Tune" (or "Custom Tune" if it states such), pick the tune that you have installed, choose "Modify Tune, Reset All Parameters". You may now proceed to "Step 2".

Step 2: From the main menu, go to "Options, Custom Tune, Erase Custom Tune".

Step 3: You will need to have your Predator hooked up to your computer for this step. On the Predator go to "Options" then "Custom Tune", then select "Import Custom Tune". On the next prompt do NOT hit "Continue", yet.

Step 4: Then in your Predator PC Interface (Xmodem) software on your PC, click "Send File", select the file that you saved that you wish to use, and click on "Open". A "File Transfer Status" dialog box will open up.

Step 5: On your Predator hit "Continue" (Enter). This will start transferring the file.

Note: Remember, if you get time outs or if you aren't getting any communication between the computer and Predator, please see Step 2 under "Predator File Transfer Instructions" in the previous custom tune instructions that I sent you, and check your COM and Baud settings on all three devices (Computer, Software, Predator).

Step 6: Install this tune into the pcm as your normally would.

Thanks!

Very Sincerely,

James

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    The upgrade went smooth for me.
    Here are some specs on the tune that James at RWTD sent me.

Here are the basic stats on the files:

- Rev Limiter: 5700
    - Shift Points RPM: 5400
    - Shift Points MPH: Optimized
    - Shift Pressure: Stock
    - Shift Duration: Stock
    - Speed Limiter: 255
    - COT (Catalyst Overtemp): OFF (causes the vehicle to run rich in the upper rpms if left on)
    - Torque Management (aka Torque Reduction) is: OFF
    - Boost Bypass is: OFF
    - Intercooler Pump Enable/Disable Temps: -20 degrees from factory
    - IC Pump On Delay Time: 1 sec after start (factory is 20 secs)
    - Idle Speed: 600 rpms
    - Rear O2 DTC's: OFF (this is for if you go to high flow cats or no cats, but it will not affect your performance or driveability)
    - Max Timing in upper rpms:
    --tune1: Depends on overall calculated Load from the pcm. You should see approx. 15 degrees max at WOT, in the upper rpms. I have also revamped the entire timing curve at all throttle positions.
    --tune2: Depends on overall calculated Load from the pcm. You should see approx. 17 degrees max at WOT, in the upper rpms. I have also revamped the entire timing curve at all throttle positions.
    - Fuel: You should be around 11.8 to 12.0 on the a/f flatlined across the board.

As I always tell my customers, should you experience ANY pinging/detonation then please let me know. I would suggest BP/Amoco (same fuel made by Amoco now), Shell, Sunoco, or Mobil fuels (if any are available; if not use the best fuel available). You MUST use 93 octane with any of these tunes.

If you have the latest Predator revision you will notice that your fuel injector slopes seem smaller than factory. This is normal with my tuning, so please do not be alarmed. I lower the high and low injector slopes, the airmass (engine displacement) scalar, and the MAF Table by a certain % (after I'm done tweaking it to the proper curve for your modifications). This gives me more room at the upper voltage limits of the MAF Table to ensure that your truck will have enough fuel in it with the factory MAF. Again, do not worry, as this will NOT affect any driveability or performance of your vehicle in a negative fashion whatsoever.

If and when you go to the dyno, if it's a Dynojet (or a Superflow), please make sure you take a floppy and/or blank cd so the dyno operator can copy over the Dynojet Runview files (.sfd files if it is a Superflow) from each individual run. They are located within the folder that he creates in your name on the Dynojet computer's C: drive. They will end in .001, .002, .003, etc., or they will end in .drf. I'm able to open these up in our Dynojet software (or Superflow software if that's the dyno used) and plot them out. With these, I can perfectly dial in your fueling if there is any needed changes.

Also, you may want to consider your own a/f meter. This would save you trips to the dyno, and possibly ultimately on the costs incurred from going to the dyno. I sell the Dynojet Wideband Commander for $425 unadvertised (MSRP is $529). You can find it for sale on my main website: runninwiththedevil.com: The Leading Runnin With the Devil Site on the Net . You can read more up on it here: Welcome to Wide Band Commander . You can easily send me data logs from it and I can perfect all the fueling regardless of the mods you may add in the future. Most go with the White faced guage to match our factory guages.

Please use the Custom Tune Instructions below to install it.

Custom Tune Installation Instructions

To reinstall the new file that you're sent as a "Custom Tune", do the following:

Step 1: Plug the Predator into your vehicle, go to "Performance Tune" (or "Custom Tune" if it states such), pick the tune that you have installed, choose "Modify Tune, Reset All Parameters". You may now proceed to "Step 2".

Step 2: From the main menu, go to "Options, Custom Tune, Erase Custom Tune".

Step 3: You will need to have your Predator hooked up to your computer for this step. On the Predator go to "Options" then "Custom Tune", then select "Import Custom Tune". On the next prompt do NOT hit "Continue", yet.

Step 4: Then in your Predator PC Interface (Xmodem) software on your PC, click "Send File", select the file that you saved that you wish to use, and click on "Open". A "File Transfer Status" dialog box will open up.

Step 5: On your Predator hit "Continue" (Enter). This will start transferring the file.

Note: Remember, if you get time outs or if you aren't getting any communication between the computer and Predator, please see Step 2 under "Predator File Transfer Instructions" in the previous custom tune instructions that I sent you, and check your COM and Baud settings on all three devices (Computer, Software, Predator).

Step 6: Install this tune into the pcm as your normally would.

Thanks!

Very Sincerely,

James
    James, I've got an 03 hd with 17k miles I'm putting a cai(kn), 8lb metro lower, ngk tr6, and predator pulley tune...does the diablo run rich, will my block be okay till i get a custom tune? and can you get me a custom tune?

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow thread reseraction 7 year old one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2