Thread: Pulley help

BK'S 03HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Pulley help

Trying to figure out what pulley
    I was told not to put the 8#(6psi boost?)on my 03 HD because it would not hold up. I wanted to get that and the predator ANYONE HAVE INFO

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    6 lb lower, then dyno and tune. Check what your local tuner uses (SCT or Predator) and then buy that one.

Others have gone with an 8 lber here and hope they will chime in.

BK'S 03HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have a 6#(4psi boost?)now w/o tune seems fine just curious about the 8#er the guy @ rpmperformance was pretty definate on not doing 8# and tuner

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    slapping on a 10" pulley without making a lot of other mods to help out with the additional heat generated in the blower is a definite no no.

i would not suggest it however it is your truck and you can do as you wish. I have a 9" (6# lower) with a ported blower and tons of other mods. runs real nice with that combo.

a 9" (6# lower) shoudl give a HD with a stock upper approx 4.5#s of additional boost over stock

BK'S 03HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanx for the input i think it runs well 14.22 consistantly w/the weight i think is good just wanting more
    would it be worth it to buy a tuner for what i have?

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well that all depends. a custom tune may be able to get some more performance over the predator tune with added saftey.

what all do you have on the truck?

BK'S 03HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all i have is the 6# pulley and some boost bypass tip on rpmoutlet.com everything else is bone stock

Kenne Bell and SCT PRP
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well first off the boost bypass is not a good mod. I would undo that if it were my truck.

second, you should have installed an oil seperator on the truck the day you got it. do a search and you will find out why.

.....if you are just planning on running a 6# and thats all I dont know if a custom tune would be that cost effective for you. The first one runs about $75 plus dyno time ~$150. Since you already have a predator you could just go to a tuner and get your AFs checked to make sure you are safe. I dont know what that costs though.

If you want some additional SOTP performance maybe get a filter kit and a FTVB (Factory Tech Valve Body from Greg Evans)