Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: no more front license plates

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine was gone after they stole my truck fell off when the wrecker picked it up.... Guess it'll stay that way.
    '03 Two-Tone #00664
    Born on 11/25/2002
    395 RWHP 493 RWTQ

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by jeff56
    Who, me?

Yeah, I wouldn't really sweat it. It is against the law and there is that possibility that you could encounter an officer who takes issue with it, but I've never met one who cared.

In my mind, it's a good law and I'd hate to see it go away. Having two plates doubles the chances of witnesses to crimes getting down a LP number which can be the difference between identifying a suspect or the case going cold.

That said, most crooks aren't out there driving HD trucks with nice JJent or Venom grills they don't want obscured. Same goes for Vettes, etc. Point is, that really the only people who don't put them on is becaue they genuinely have a nice ride and they don't want them on for aesthetic reasons. Most cops recognize this.

In my city, it'll definitely get you stopped at 2AM on your way home from Whataburger, but if that happens, you need only be concerend about being drunk not worrying about getting a ticket.

...and hey, don't sell me out so quick! As I like to say, that's my one allowable item of hypocrisy!
    It's funny that you say most crooks aren't driving HD trucks, cause when I turned on the news earlier, they were talking about a police chase that happened today and the guy was driving an 01 HD with what looked like spinners on it. Just thought it was funny that you said that.

LOL, I wasn't selling you out, I just said Jeff. And I'm sure you're not the only policeman with that name.

Rusty
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea.. ugly rims on that 01. At least 24s... they were huge!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, no...I was just joking about that since I probably should have a front plate on mine.

Yeah, kind or ironic, huh? I just read about that pursuit over on Talon. We may all be in trouble now.

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I knew you were joking Jeff. It's all good.

Rusty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4