Thread: Predator Update -- Changes and how they work

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Predator Update -- Changes and how they work

Ok guys, I have had a lot of requests to sort of write how these changes work. Some of them are self explanatory, others aren't so I will briefly answer some of the new modifications.

If you have questions please ask.

Fuel Injector - This is a Scalar. You have hi and low slopes. Now it's important to understand that injectors flow differently at low pulse widths than they do at higher pulse widths. The point in which they switch is called the breakpoint. Now you don't have access to this in this version of the release. As you go higher in #lb hr, the PW increases. Now when you change injectors, theres several things that have to be changed. Breakpoint, slopes, min pw, and compensation and maybe one or two other things. So don't think you can change injectors and just switch the hi and low slopes. Although it may work, I wouldn't recomend it. But with that said, if you try, usually you increase the low slope 15% over the hi, and usually the high is the actual flow rate. So that's an extremely condensed version of the Fuel injector hi/low slopes. To sum it up I wouldn't change these settings -- at all.

Mass Air Table - This is a Function. This is the most important sensor in the truck. It's used to control fuel and spark. It may be usefull to some, but keep in mind, when you shift it 10% either way, it will shift the entire function 10% and make all points richer or leaner 10%. Now keep in mind, when you change this, it can change spark. This is something else I wouldn't mess with.

WOT Fuel Table - This could be a Table or a Function depending on if it's a multiplier or Stabilized Open Loop Fuel Table, although it doesn't really matter. This is probably what you should concentrat on adjusting if your fighting a fueling issue, either rich or lean. This is in % so to adjust this correctly, you take your actual A/F on the dyno and divide it by commanded or what you want. It'll give you a number in %. So you add that and you should be where you want to be at. This change should not affect your warm up fuel tables, so to change this properly you want to be fully warmed up on the dyno.

Global Fuel - This could be a function or a scalar. Although it says Global, I really think it only applies to the Open loop fuel table. It should lower everything in the Stabilized Open Loop and keep everything in closed loop the same.

Global Spark Advance - This is a Scalar. Similar to turning the alternator on older vehicles. Keep on mind, if you add a degree, it will add a degree of timing EVERYWHERE. So if you had 15 degrees at idle, and 17 at WOT, you'd have 16 and 18 after adding one degree. That goe's for part throttle and so on. So if your getting part throttle detonation, you defanately don't want to add any timing.

These are really condensed ideas, if you guys have questions, ask and i'll do my best to answer.
    Last edited by Ryan@RhynoTune; 05-22-2005 at 04:46 PM.
    2002 HD - 631 RWHP - 757 RWTQ
    Currently fabbing twin-turbos

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the biggest thing that I would like is a reference chart.

Since the Predator can monitor so many things now in diagnostics section.

A reference chart that shows what each thing is and what the reading should be for each in regards to our truck.

Much as you have done for the adjustable parameters above.

I know that some parameters vary too much and jsut show you what is going on (like IAT temps, coolant temps etc)

But other things like TPS V and what not would be helpful. Use the tools capability of diagnosis to its fullest.

Thanks
    Last edited by bgstew6; 05-20-2005 at 11:23 PM.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by bgstew6
    I think the biggest thing that I would like is a reference chart.

Since the Predator can monitor so many things now in diagnostics section.

A reference chart that shows what each thing is and what the reading should be for each in regards to our truck.

Much as you have done for the adjustable parameters above.

I know that some parameters vary too much and jsut show you what is going on (like IAT temps, coolant temps etc)

But other things like TPS V and what not would be helpful. Use the tools capability of diagnosis to its fullest.

Thanks
    I'm just checking back in to see if anyone has found an updated list on what the Predator can do now also?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ttt
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120