Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Went to see Torrie

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Post Went to see Torrie

Went to see Torrie this morning. The truck ran very well even though the weather wasn't the greatest. Here are the results

SAE
    HP 385.04
    TQ 464.96
    Run Cond 83.17 degrees
    Humidity 53%
    A/F looks pretty solid/flat across at 11.8

I will post the graph when I get home. Another benefit was that Torrie was able to tune the high idle out of the truck. Now running 750 in park.

Also met Smoak, he pulled up as I was getting off the dyno. He has a very nice 03. I will let him tell you about his pulls.

I am very happy with the tune. I understand why everyone thinks so highly of Torrie. I also got to see his 700 HP Mustang (very sharp). Thank you very much Torrie.
    Last edited by 2manytrucks; 05-21-2005 at 10:17 PM.
    2002 HD F150 (Sold)
    DSG 7332
    6# lower, JLP Ram Air CAI, L&S Oil Sep, Brisk plugs, Accufab SBTB, LFP ported plenum, Hankook Ventus RH06, Hotchkis TVS, Hotchkis-spec Bilsteins, Rotorpros dimpled and slotted, PFZ pads, Ford Motorsports boost gauge, JLP chromed trac bars, Magnaflow Catback (L-style exit), Bassani Hi-flow mid pipes, Venom Mod, Navi chrome base with billet antenna, L tails, Access Limited tonneau cover, Ford HD bug deflector, Blackwood window trim.

Tuned by Torrie!

Mods on the horizon:
    BTS Tranny
    Whipple/KB
    Stage 2 heads
    Built lower

2005 PSD F-350
    True Blue 272
    Bone Stock

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    woohoo!
    good numbers Mike!
    add an e-fan and you should be in the 400HP club!

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks Larry...gotta get some shocks and front end work done first. The drive up here made it more than clear that I need some work. All the HP in the world means nothing if you can control it.
    Last edited by 2manytrucks; 05-21-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    very true
    what exactly is the front end doing?

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a vibration that I can't find . The truck has been aligned and balanced twice. I am looking at the idler arm and the lower ball joints as possible culprits. The reason for shocks is that it feels like a 70's Caddy going/bouncing down the highway at 70 or 80.

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah
    mine bounces pretty good too, we're all waiting on ford racing to get the goods to Bill. I think I'm gonna get the EGR delete plate from him too and do away with it.

are you stock height in the back and is the vibration definitely coming from the front? Some were having trouble with worn pinion bushings. Also if you are dropped and need to flip the shims it could shake.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yeah, I am stock...and it is definetly in the front, steering wheel shaking and a hard knock sometimes. Hard to describe.

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    we need a GB on clunk washers!

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those are some good numbers! Congrats on the dyno tune. How long did he take to tune your truck? I agree with Venom, the e-fan will get you in the 400 hp club easily. I bet the truck is a real treat to drive now. I must get a ride at the gtg.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It took about an hour and a half. Torrie did all the work, I just kinda hung out. He let me get in the passengers seat on the final pull. The boost was 14#'s at WOT. I had never ran it up that high.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Great stuff Mike. You lucky dog!

I think Torrie would have a hell of a lot to fix if I decided to drive my truck up to him!

What does Torrie use to tune the truck? Does he have special software? Can you do anything with a Predator?

We finally got a dyno down here but the guy is only showing people their numbers. He doesn't appear to have anything to make any changes with. I imagine you would need software for every type vehicle unless you just specialized in one or a few types.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Torrie uses a "DynoJet" machine and uses SCT tuning software. As far as Preditor, I don't know. I know he ships custom SCT tunes.

I now understand what the down side of an email tune could be (not a slam on any tune provider). Not so much the tune (the tune could be perfect), but the tune plus the condition of your vehicle. I want to let Smoak tell you about his day, then this comment will make more sense. The tune is assuming all of your mechanicals are working correctly. If they aren't, and you run that tune, I could see where there would be a problem in a hurry $$$. Without an expert sitting there watching the vehicle pull...there could be a major problem and you wouldn't know it until it was too late.
    Last edited by 2manytrucks; 05-21-2005 at 10:53 PM.

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What are your mods again.....im thinking ill make the 400/500 club when i go to Torrie

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me to hit the 400/500 club I had to add a L upper, 6# lower, JLP Ram Air, E Fan, C&L Intake Tube and Plenum, Aufab tb and a dyno by James at RWTD.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey Mark...6# lower, C&L plenum, Accufab SBTB, L&S Oil Sep, Brisk plugs, JLP Ram Air CAI and now tune by Torrie.

I am still not sure how I hit 385 with these few mods...how do I post the graph??

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast