Thread: Predator ???'s

THA MAC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Predator ???'s

With the new update my truck doesn't seem to be as strong. WHY?
    Also my shift firmness is alot softer at part throttle and wot even with the ftvb and the firmness set at 80%. WHY?

I have read Ryan's post and it was helpful but what about the other stuff in the update such as Torque Modulation, global shift pressures, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Kevin Haydock

02 HD Black--397hp-517tq
    Mods:Predator,C&L inlet pipe, Straight Shot 95mm MAF, 6lb pulley, 160 thermostat, Accufab TB, FTVB w/4x4 pan, Magnaflow Cat-Back.BELL-TECH 3/4 or 5 on a HD PER BELL-TECH
    BEST E.T. to date 8.428@83.814mph.1/8
    13.300@102.48 1/4

1993 Cobra #526
    347 Dart block, AFR 205 heads, BIG solid roller, Victor intake, Demon Carb, Pro fogger NOS, C4 auto. 10 pt. cage, all stock interior not a gutted race car.
    Best E.T. to date
    actual time to come, but Built for 5.90 index class

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldnt mess with the Shirt Firmness if you have a FTVB just leave it at 0

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah definitely do NOT mess with the shift firmness in the programmer, let the FTVB do it's job!
    Torque modulation is the computer cutting out 4 cylinders for a split sec during the 1-2 shift to be nice to the tranny.

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Predator ???'s

Originally posted by Flathaulin
    With the new update my truck doesn't seem to be as strong. WHY?
    Also my shift firmness is alot softer at part throttle and wot even with the ftvb and the firmness set at 80%. WHY?

I have read Ryan's post and it was helpful but what about the other stuff in the update such as Torque Modulation, global shift pressures, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Torque modulation reduces power during a shift to make it easier on the tranny. If it feels worse throughout the range and all around weaker than it's not that.

Globa shift pressure adds pressure everywhere, every shift point, every condition. In other words, you add 5%, it will add 5% everywhere.
    2002 HD - 631 RWHP - 757 RWTQ
    Currently fabbing twin-turbos