Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: REED SWITCH/Rear Window Switch

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lee... what did you want to know?

the answer to the above is size: asak for them @ a Best Buy or circuit city.. they will only have the ones you need... I will look inmy stash & tell you the specs later tonight.

Where installed: at the door pin(s) & at the reed switch... so neither see's the other

Yes, soldered in line as close to each item in the chain.

If I missed your PM I appoligize.. let me know how I can help.

Rob W

'03 iN tHE cLOSET
    Name: J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by BOSSHOG; 01-08-2011 at 05:31 AM.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150
    Lee... what did you want to know?

the answer to the above is size: asak for them @ a Best Buy or circuit city.. they will only have the ones you need... I will look inmy stash & tell you the specs later tonight.

Where installed: at the door pin(s) & at the reed switch... so neither see's the other

Yes, soldered in line as close to each item in the chain.

If I missed your PM I appoligize.. let me know how I can help.

Rob W
    Rob,

I need to know what size. The "box store" people don't have a clue what I'm talking about! I checked with installers at Best Buy, Car Toys, Magnolia. ... very frustrating!

I am not concerned about the power slider because I am swapping it out for a solid rear. Hence, when I do identify the proper diode, do I need to solder these in as close to the door-pin/triggers as possible? ... before and after the pin/trigger?
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lee... if you are going to a solid rear window... why the reed switches? Has someone spoken for your power slider?

Im wanting to go solid too...

for what you you're doing 1-3 amp 120-240 watt diode is fine... radio shack will have them... be sure to verify that the diode is good for 110v or 12v just NOT 9v be carefull they have 6v-9v primarily... but they have them....

they go in like with the wire that feeds the alarm...

Rob W

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rob,

Thanks. I am not concerned about reed switches since I am taking out the power slider and going to a solid window ... the thread just carried there! I am more concerned about the diodes necessary to isolate the door pin-switches/triggers to enable "sleep-mode" and "dome-supervision".

The power slider is "spoken for". I just got back my "raised-flamed" headliner and will be changing out to solid window. Did a four-way swap of services to end up with a solid rear AND re-done "foam-flamed" headliner.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lee hmm... what alarm? you shouldn't need the diodes for supervision.

Rob W

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rob,

Compustar 2WSS-AS (spread spectrum) ... not needed for dome?
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 02-27-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was not aware that diodes are needed for sleep or dome supervision.. I will pull the owner's manual from their website & look more into it.

Rob W

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150
    I was not aware that diodes are needed for sleep or dome supervision.. I will pull the owner's manual from their website & look more into it.

Rob W
    Really?! ... wow ... I thought it was already determined that was the case?

Compustar (FirstTech) must truly be way ahead of the power-curve (relative to DEI) if that is the case?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I re-read the thread...

I have the Clifford Matrix & I don't recall any charges or notes about diode isolation for anything... but I could be wrong.

the fact they let the truck leave with the problem is a warning sign to me. Further, that the Big Boxes don't know what Diodes are either tells me they were playing stupid or they are scary.

I agree that the diodes will "solve" the issue... but its a band-aid to a larger install problem, in my opinion...

the DOme supervision & "sleep-mode" should be prorammed by the brain of the Alarm... the alarm brain should have a timer built in to account for the dome light delay.

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well Compustar website locks out non-installer access... so I canot see the installation manual.... looking at all the owner's manual, the dome light supervision is built in.. so the functions you needs should be there...

Rob W

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks. I will ensure to have my new MECP-guy check it out. I will ask him. He is supposed to be a FirstTech/Compustar expert. I would think these are programmable functions ... just like delay selections for remote start. Given the sophistication of the spread spectrum unit? ... I've really got to think that to be the case!
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 03-01-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3