Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: to the snipers (and hunters) out there, got a video for you

jpanchalk
    Name:

Originally posted by bgstew6
    Unless something changed after I got out, Thought it is against Geneova Convention to shoot personnel with 50 Cals, only equiptment. The joke in the Corps was well if you shoot someone then just tell higher that you were aiming at their pack, canteen etc.
    Stew - you're not the only one who thought this. I think most senior NCOs still believe this to be true. L

34. Employment of Arms Causing Unnecessary Injury
    a. Treaty Provision.

It is especially forbidden * * * to employ arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering. (HR, art. 23, par. (e).)

b. Interpretation. What weapons cause "unnecessary injury" can only be determined in light of the practice of States in refraining from the use of a given weapon because it is believed to have that effect. The prohibition certainly does not extend to the use of explosives contained in artillery projectiles, mines, rockets, or hand grenades. Usage has, however, established the illegality of the use of lances with barbed heads, irregular-shaped bullets, and projectiles filled with glass, the use of any substance on bullets that would tend unnecessarily to inflame a wound inflicted by them, and the scoring of the surface or the filing off of the ends of the hard cases of bullets.

Everyone knows that firing a battery of HE or HEDP at troops in the open is fine. Firing WP at them is not. Using a .50 cal projo at personnel is also fine. We have a lot of new kids on the team, so I had a Law of Land Warfare trainer give us the standard brief. He specifically mentioned the .50 cal rumor, and has never been able to figure out how long ago it got started. Maybe it's because conventional units are trained to use it as an anti-material weapon only.

We will receive the new M107s next week, and with our new equipment training is a block of instruction specifically on employment agains personnel.

Hope this helps all you killers out there!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VIDEO

SEND TO MEEZ PLEEZZ...

CABELLOJO@C-B.COM

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: VIDEO

Originally posted by BIG-O
    SEND TO MEEZ PLEEZZ...

CABELLOJO@C-B.COM
    you've got mail!

My other car is a GT500
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by LA_03HD; 11-10-2005 at 06:50 PM.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by LA_03HD
    I'd like to view a copy, please. - mr_gp1300r@yahoo.com
    Don't know how I missed this post when it first went up.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    on your way, JIM!

My other car is a GT500
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, Kromie! Cool Sh!t

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by jpanchalk
    Stew - you're not the only one who thought this. I think most senior NCOs still believe this to be true. L

34. Employment of Arms Causing Unnecessary Injury
    a. Treaty Provision.

It is especially forbidden * * * to employ arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering. (HR, art. 23, par. (e).)

b. Interpretation. What weapons cause "unnecessary injury" can only be determined in light of the practice of States in refraining from the use of a given weapon because it is believed to have that effect. The prohibition certainly does not extend to the use of explosives contained in artillery projectiles, mines, rockets, or hand grenades. Usage has, however, established the illegality of the use of lances with barbed heads, irregular-shaped bullets, and projectiles filled with glass, the use of any substance on bullets that would tend unnecessarily to inflame a wound inflicted by them, and the scoring of the surface or the filing off of the ends of the hard cases of bullets.

Everyone knows that firing a battery of HE or HEDP at troops in the open is fine. Firing WP at them is not. Using a .50 cal projo at personnel is also fine. We have a lot of new kids on the team, so I had a Law of Land Warfare trainer give us the standard brief. He specifically mentioned the .50 cal rumor, and has never been able to figure out how long ago it got started. Maybe it's because conventional units are trained to use it as an anti-material weapon only.

We will receive the new M107s next week, and with our new equipment training is a block of instruction specifically on employment agains personnel.

Hope this helps all you killers out there!

Made me think of the HE/WP mix we'd shoot in artillery. Informally called a "shake-n-bake."

I coined a term for when we were putting illum rounds out there with WP: "blind-n-burn."

jpanchalk
    Name:

Hey - it's not your fault there were people under an illum airburst. It's all about intent. He he he.....

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    <scratching head> Airburst? We were putting 'em on the deck! They were, um, marking rounds (yeah, that's it) for close air support.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok I heard about these whilst in the forces so hit me up with a copy if ya would thanks

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    kromie send it to saltybaccala@yahoo.com

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by hemiuk
    Ok I heard about these whilst in the forces so hit me up with a copy if ya would thanks
    need your e-mail addy

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Black N Blown
    kromie send it to saltybaccala@yahoo.com
    done!

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cool video kromie thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2