Thread: Happy b-day to the Navy's finest and greatest

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Happy b-day to the Navy's finest and greatest

Other services may be more familiar with the term MEDIC but the Navy and Marine Corps call us simply as "DOC"

FYI, we are the ONLY enlisted CORPS in the Navy and we own the distinction of having the most MEDAL OF HONOR recipients in the entire Navy (most from conflicts fighting side-by-side with the Marines)

Today, we celebrate our 107th birthday.

Below is an e-mail sent last 15JUN by the highest ranking "DOC" in the entire Navy:
    FORCM(SW/AW) Jackie DiRosa
    BUMED, Force Master Chief

On 17 JUN 05, the Hospital Corps will celebrate their 107th birthday. The courage, heroism, valor and compassion of the men and women of the Hospital Corps (HMs and DTs) is just as evident today as it has been in the past. Since the start of OIF, we have had 8 Hospital Corpsmen killed in action..... I was notified today of our 8th. Additionally, there have been numerous combat awards presented - 1 Navy Cross, numerous Bronze Stars w/ Valor and numerous NAM/NCMs w/ Valor along w/ a high number of Purple Hearts. The majority of these awards have gone to some of our newest Sailors and Hospital Corpsmen, many w/ less than 2 years of service.

As you all know, the Hospital Corps serves proudly with every warfare community and in every environment around the globe but tends to leave it's lasting mark on history w/ service with the Marine Corps. Today is no different than yesterday.

In your travels, if you come across a Hospital Corpsman or Dental Technician, I ask you to wish them a happy 107th Hospital Corps Birthday. I'm sure they would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hoorah! and Semper Fi!!! DOCs!!!

Was always nice to have DOC around to patch ya up after ya got into some narly SHat!

Nothing better than hanging with a DOC behind a defolade in the middle of something and hearing him yell for more ammo!

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Happy birthday DOC

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Let me add my birthday wishes also.
    Always was a comfort to have Marines to my right and left taking care of each other and Doc in the middle taking care of all.
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.