Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Aug meet planning thread

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    i just hit 404.5 rwhp with a stock blower, 6#er, ftvb, tr-6 plugs, and jlp cai. 17* timing and a/f at 11.8. so its possible. tuned at socal diablo by shawn ellis.

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    go get'em mario i believe in u. just think 400 and it will happen. lol

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I though Cali had only 91 octane. I'm not callingyou out but the only way I buy that is to see the chart. I have a lot more mods then you an 8lber Efan and more on 93 octane and put the same numbers down. The 11.8 AF is perfect but still safe. I'd love to see that dyno chart. Stock we are 300-310 at the wheels there is no way a CAI and 6lber pulls that much extra HP. I'd have to actaully see it. No flame just I've seen the combo's countless times. You may have an L upper and computer though.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    heres the chart.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...threadid=20432

91 octane no L upper. kromdom was there to witness it. stew put on all the mods. i think those are 2 pretty reliable sources. i didnt think it was possible either but it happened. i wouldve been happy around 380...was not expecting 400.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by sdharley03
    i just hit 404.5 rwhp with a stock blower, 6#er, ftvb, tr-6 plugs, and jlp cai. 17* timing and a/f at 11.8. so its possible. tuned at socal diablo by shawn ellis.
    dang, David..what the heck are you doing crashin FHTOC?? Bruce, everyone was pleasantly surpised by his numbers, even the tuner himself. he could have squeezed more if David wanted to be risky & aggressive

P.S. The tuner keeps all his tunes in one folder called LIGHTNING (for ease & convenience). (I found this out because I asked him why the sheet had Lighnting when David has an HD.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kromdom; 07-17-2005 at 03:51 PM.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    easy romeo, im not crashing the FHTOC. just supporting mario's quest to 400hp.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That i unreal. I do see your torque numbers are way low for the HP though. I would be might happy with those numbers though. Congrats! I must say I am still scratching my head though. I know a few real good tuners and would think if they were here they would have said the same thing. Like I said no flame or calling you a liar its just hard for me to believe, even still. It must be that crisp clean Cali air....lol

I'm sure you had a shiz eattin' grin when that came up huh! Great job! Something has to be array though. You may have an L computer of upper its gotta be something cause whenever we tune here 11.8 is the target for agressive but safe.

By the way he's welcome here. No crashing on this site. We welcome all!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    i couldnt believe the numbers either. i know what ur saying though. i saw everybody with the same mods getting lower numbers so i wasnt expecting this at all. was a great site though...lol. i havnt had any mod to the upper pulley at all or to the computer before the tune. i am the original owner and romeo and stew did all the work. i guess the stars just lined up for me that day!!! no offense taken mrblueoval, i wouldve had to see it to believe it too.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AFAIK, Dave's truck was a mod "virgin" when he came from Arizona a few weeks ago. Since then STEW had slapped on quite a few mods but the GO-FAST are what's listed above.

I was the VERY first one to see the numbers and I told David I was jealous/envious because my '01L only got 388/465 (4-lb, K&N FIPK, full exhaust, TR6, predator). Another L got 436/503 (6-lb, JLP CAI, TR6, ported blower, diablo chip) and his numbers were almost identical to mine when he dynoed last year (with almost same mods).

So I know the road I need to take to join the 400/500 club with the L and when that day comes, I have FIRST dibs on Dave's azz

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So how many are going to be there? I would love to join you guys.

Who's going from the Pan handle? I know Fepony is up here. It would be cool to meet at Marianna or Bonifay and convoy over.
    '02 DSG HD F-150
    '03 AIH Texas Chopper
    '91 UH-60 Blackhawk

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah we need a head count that way I can contact the hotel and see what kind of deal i can put together

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm in for a room with 2 doubles

I'll be happy if I hit 350-360RWHP

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds great...give me a call and we'll work out the details. Here's my toll free number. 1 877 550 8681 I'm in and i'll probably bring my oldest son. (over 21) 1 Double room for he and I will be great.

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Originally posted by MRBLUEOVAL
    Mario, you'll need to port that blower oand or go with the 8lber to get to 400 at the wheels. With a stock blower and 6lber I have never seen even close to that. If you pull 380 you'll be on the high side. You'll be suprised though in how impressive the truck will be at that level too. Even with the 8lber most guys end up just under 400 or right there at it.
    I will do a dyno run with a upper 2.93 lightning and a number 4 lbs and a run with a 6 lbs and see what numbers I get. Wish me luck 400/500 HERE I COME....
    2002 HD DSG JLP Built Long Block with Stage III Heads and Cams, 22's Panthers Realms Wheels, Nitto NT 555 285/35/22, Full Hotchkis TVS, FVT/Aluminum Deep Pan,Billetflow 2.93 upper pully, 6lbs lower Pully, NGK TR6 GAPED AT 35 , Billetflow Idler kit, Unleashed Dyno Tune(TORRY) 449/510, SCT X2,full JLP Competition R Exhaust, Fluidyne Heat Exchanger,C&L Inlet Pipe,Polish plenum,Single Blade TB, *** Oil Separator,JLP Ram Air.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast