Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prochager install

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Prochager install

Originally posted by 00 Harley Hog
    Well I have installed my fist supercharger and boy was it time consuming. First impression was this wont be to bad. Reality is it could have been worse not a true bolt on kit some small mods were needed to get the kit in just right but man what a difference. As soon as I can pics will follow along with dyno sheet a track times.
    Sorry bout the thread hijack.

Bak to topic,

With procharger is that a self contained oil unit or do you draw from the engine oil system?

Reason I ask is that I have a Vortec V1. Was also wondering if I could put an inline OIl Cooler HE on there and circulate the oil through that and keep it self contained, instead of tapping the oil pan.

Any gurus know if this can be done?

Brit, just put the 8lb on, the 2.75 should net you 4 lbs of boost, just checked RPM outlet home page.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea but I would rather have a ported blower with the holes filled than slap that "bad omen" on again!

That pully has bad carma !

As for your blower you would need a damn reliable oil pump also, they are designed to run of the oil pressure from the motor.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stew,

The procharger has a self contained oil unit.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow I have not been on here in a while and all this happens to answer the question I am still at stock timing. As soon as I get some decent gas I plan on going back and playing with the timing but only being able to get 90 octane in Alaska. Argh!! and as far as the oil cooler I dont think that would be a good idea just my .02

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow cant believe i looked over this thread so many times. 00harleyhog the procharger is awesome and will deff leave you wanting more. I ran 9lbs on my procharger for around 9 months now im at 12lbs. And it runs great, i ended up pulling the FMU out and going with 42lb injectors, and a 255lph intank pump. Its alot more tunable then the previous combo. Now that 12lbs isnt really doing it for my ill be running a 50shot on it within the week. If you dont mind me asking who did you end up getting all of your parts threw. Im just asking because i might be able to get you a little better deal, ive been working on this truck for awhile and made some pretty good friends. O yeah, i would recomend investing in an FTVB, and some lakewood slapper bars. I did both and love them. Keep me updated on your progress if you dont mind, i love it when ppl get serious about modding the 2000's
    Daily driver: 2001 Mustang Cobra- Eibach suspension, Tokico struts, Maximum motorsports full length subframes, 4.10 gears, MGW short throw shifter, JLT cold air intake, Bassani X-pipe, Bassani Catbak, full sound system

Project ride: 2000 Harley truck- Belltech 4/6 drop, custom 5 point rollcage, ATI procharged, custom built (billet) blower bracket, polished P1SC, custom built kooks longtubes, custom built 3in Xpipe, black MB motoring 22's, 42# fuel injectors, 90mm MAF, 255lph intank pump, 3.73 gears, built tranny w/ PI stall, full show sound system

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I orderded through Blue Oval Performance in WA. It was $3,900 shipped. As far as the valve body I am haveing my tranny shop build me a monster box basically and they are working on a 4r100 swap they just have a few bugs to work out with the pcm tuning. I do want to go with 42lb injectors and the 255lph fuel pump. I am intrested in the 12lb pulley for mine just dont know where to order from. I would spray that N2o on my intercooler before spraying the motor. As far as suspension I am going to bag it when I move back to the lower 48 next summer. and I have a custom tutone paint that no one has done yet from what I have seen but that is hush hush. Oh by the way does your blower have a really loud whine at idle and almost sound like it chirps a little ?
    Last edited by 00 Harley Hog; 07-27-2005 at 02:56 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    these prochargers are a little noisy at idle... got a friend with one on his 5.3 chevy and it was even louder than mine. Heard a vortec on a mustang one time and it was twice as loud.

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah the procharger is real loud at idle, i love it. A really good website for the ATI parts is trixtersracing.com , and got-pressure.com I also plan on bagging my truck as soon as i can afford it, but i have a feeling the motor wont be lasting to much longer so that is priority. You can buy a fully assembled monster box with a warrentee from www.madenterprise.com Its produced by gregg at factory tech, and he knows his stuff.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am having my tranny built locally. They are satrting from scratch and building with all new parts. Even though my truck only has 11k miles. thanks for the info on parts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2