Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how the AIR FORCE tells someone to STFU and shove it!

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Snake,
    I remember going to Mt. Fuji for BST and everytime arty "rained some hate and discontent downrange" the barracks I was staying in (which was a good few miles away) would shake, rattle and roll like they were just next door. Heck, I live 25 miles away from Camp Pendleton and I can still hear them

Forgot the size of the rounds they were shooting that day but I pray to God I will never find myself at the receiving end of those guns

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    when i was in Iraq in 03 we had an F16 drop a 2000 pounder a little too close to the base, OMFG that was loud. i think my ears are still ringing! i am sure that the mudhut got messed up quite a bit.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by kromdom
    Snake,
    I remember going to Mt. Fuji for BST and everytime arty "rained some hate and discontent downrange" the barracks I was staying in (which was a good few miles away) would shake, rattle and roll like they were just next door. Heck, I live 25 miles away from Camp Pendleton and I can still hear them

Forgot the size of the rounds they were shooting that day but I pray to God I will never find myself at the receiving end of those guns
    If it was Marines shooting, it was 155mm. We don't have 105mm except for ceremonies.

I've had a couple of rounds land within 200 meters of my position when I was in Iraq. My team got pinned down and we called for CAS, but the helo's couldn't get in close enough to engage with TOW's. The pilots ended up calling in an arty mission on the muzzle flashes..........and I gotta be honest. I had my head between my legs kissing my azz good-bye until those first rounds hit. Amazing how small you can make yourself when you have to. There's no such thing as friendly fire. lol

Post Surfer
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought I would check the validity of this post since the original writers name was posted with the article and this is what he had to say....

SSgt Wilcox,

The story is 100% true as I was the author of the response that appeared in the Letter to the Editor section of the Arizona Republic. On behalf of the men and women in the 63d Fighter Squadron, it was our professional privilege to honor a fallen warrior from the Air Force family.

SCOTT L. PLEUS, Lt Col, USAF
    Commander, 63d Fighter Squadron
    DSN 896-3366, Comm (623) 856-3366

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2