Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Found some more "actual photos"

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    356, i will also bet you that i never own a 06 HD F150, unless it is given to me for free.......only thing i like about it is that the interior is really nice. cant wait till the 07 supercrew

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your killing me H356..

I want muscle in a sleeper package!

-Ford GT - I wish but my 401k took a beating so I can't afford it.... yet... I actually have a picture of one in my cube that Ford sent me. I guess they thought I had money. I dunno..

-Ford Thunderbird - YAWNAGE...

-Ford Mustang - Never been a big fan since I drove my Mom's Mustang II POS. Man that car blew. But it was fun running through a corn patch with it...

I just think that Ford needs to listen to the Harley owners and use some of their ideas when they make these trucks. I know they have to compremise with the bean counters who drive BMWs and work for Ford.

It's their own fault! They built up an expectation with current Harley/Lightning owners only to produce a truck that is barely different that a regular work truck.

I can see it now, some contractor driving a 06 HD that's all beat up with crap in the bed and a copper pipe rack, towing a port-a-jon. Why do I say this? Cuz I've seen it in person and it made me sick..

As for the Adrenaline - BAH! Just a Cobra wannabe SUV aimed at the yuppies with extra cashola to blowola. I can see parents buying those for their teenie boppers. There should be an ample supply of parts once they start destroying them left and right.

This debate can go on and on....

-Del

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Originally posted by Delmustator
    Your killing me H356..
    hey, just playin devils advocate here. using a little common sense judgement on the 06 HD truck battling against opinions of how ugly it is and how ford failed and they will never sell and its a disgrace i see this every year. its nothing new

I want muscle in a sleeper package!
    um...bling trucks with huge chrome 20's, chrome nurfbars, tips, grilles, and loud exhausts, and flames down the sides. sleeper? you better trade in! lol

-Ford GT - I wish but my 401k took a beating so I can't afford it.... yet... I actually have a picture of one in my cube that Ford sent me. I guess they thought I had money. I dunno..
    whether you can afford it or not (cuz most of us cant! lol), it was a home run hit for ford without a doubt. i dont see chevy or dodge doing anything like the GT. and i dont wanna hear viper or SSR or something like that haha

-Ford Thunderbird - YAWNAGE...
    whether it may seem boring to you or not. you said how great dodge was doing with retro styling and modern technology. that defines the t-bird right there. they did alot better job with that than the GAY PtCruiser IMO

-Ford Mustang - Never been a big fan since I drove my Mom's Mustang II POS. Man that car blew. But it was fun running through a corn patch with it...
    whether you like the new mustang or not, again its a HUGE hit for ford! and defines exactly what you were saying with retro styling and modern technology. alot more than the dodge mangum (who names a car after a condom anyway? )

I just think that Ford needs to listen to the Harley owners and use some of their ideas when they make these trucks. I know they have to compremise with the bean counters who drive BMWs and work for Ford.
    thats what ford has been doing since the get-go!
    thats why the 00 HD"s was a ford truck! harley did a survey and most harley owners drive ford pickups. plus their history was shared in many places, and both started in 1903, blah blah blah, 00 HD truck is born. guys wanted bigger cab 01's were crew cab. guys wanted more power and flames...02's were flamed and supercharged...100th anniv. rolls around 03 HD trucks match the bikes....some harley guys need 4x4 trucks that could haul trailers and handle snow...04 HD superduty's roll out....guys want more sporty HD apperance and flames again..05 HD's roll out.....guys want the f150 harley trucks back...06 rolls out. ford IS listening to their market and the harley owners out there. they are hitting all the markets up.

its stupid to assume all harley guys want a supercharged crew cab truck. many dont like the crew cabs, many dont like 2wd trucks, many dont like 4wd trucks, many dont like the gas mileage of a supercharged truck. ford is hitting each target market and making money and pleasing customers. its not too hard to see that

It's their own fault! They built up an expectation with current Harley/Lightning owners only to produce a truck that is barely different that a regular work truck.
    this is the comment that gets me every time. the truck has 40 less horsepower than the 02-03's, and now its almost a regular ol' f150 i'm sorry but i think you need to rethink what a HARLEY EDITION truck is. the letters "SVT" dont appear anywhere on the trucks (yes except possibly a sticker on the coil springs borrowed from the L ) the 06's still have all the extra items over a regular f150 as the 00-03 HDF150's had, and more, just no blower this year. it has AWD and nobody elses does. and its a HD-only thing for 06. 22's are a HD only thing for 06. emblems, paint, pinstripe, grilles, headlights, tailights, rims, front valance, INTERIOR, exhaust, suspension...all different from a regular f150 and special to the HD truck alone. sorry to be blunt but that statement couldnt be farther from the truth up there!

I can see it now, some contractor driving a 06 HD that's all beat up with crap in the bed and a copper pipe rack, towing a port-a-jon. Why do I say this? Cuz I've seen it in person and it made me sick..
    definatley a sad site, but whether the truck had 40 more hp under the hood or not wouldnt be the determining factor on that one. there's always guys who molest HD's L's and KR's who shouldnt touch them in the 1st place

As for the Adrenaline - BAH! Just a Cobra wannabe SUV aimed at the yuppies with extra cashola to blowola. I can see parents buying those for their teenie boppers. There should be an ample supply of parts once they start destroying them left and right
    no matter what it is. ford is still at least looking at the performance oriented SUV/Truck market. gotta look at it that way. they could be putting all their attention on a SVT 500 or SVT Freestyle

This debate can go on and on....
    yes indeed it can

and i hope everybody understands these posts are not a flame in any way, shape, or form. just friendly discussion i like posts like this every once in a while. nice to be able to have a site to have a civilized debate/discussion like this without shat being thrown into the fan

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can see it's all about perception...

Let's wait and see how Ford does in the coming months.

-Del

Gone but never forgotten
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I look at it this way, my friends sister has a 2005 lariat 4x4, she put on a chrome grill and 22" giovanna wheels, the truck is sick looking, real nice ride so if the harley was a supercrew and had nicer wheels or if you changed them , its a nice truck and the interior should be sweet.
    [/SIGPIC]2000 H.D # 3344 Procharged, 12lb Pulley, Mad's Intake, FTVB, 42Lb Inj.

2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Originally posted by Delmustator
    I can see it's all about perception...

Let's wait and see how Ford does in the coming months.

-Del
    well that response is no fun for further discussion LoL!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm impressed with the interior, the 22's, and the AWD. Ford is on the mark there.

However, the exterior of the truck leaves something to be desired. It sits too high and looks too boxy. And the 22's don't have the bling that the 00-03's have. It just doesn't make me go "WOW!"

I have to give Ford points for effort, but the final product isn't something I'd buy. I felt the same way about the 04's. I just couldn't get into the black and orange combo and the front end didn't exactly bowl me over. I fell in love with the 05's.

It'll be interesting to see what Ford does for 07.

I still feel the 06's are heads and shoulders above any of the "special" trucks that Chevy or Dodge is putting out.

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    THANKS JOSH!!
    FORD Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr. 406 544-6891 St Louis, MO fordfun_mt@yahoo.com
    2008 Harley 105TH Anniv Softail Custom
    2006 Harley F-250 Black Long Box #01713 (03/07)
    winner of All Ford class LightningFest6 KC aug/08 -14.21
    (SOLD) 06 Harley F-350 Dk Tor Red Short box #00620 -14.82 2006 Lightning Fest KC---
    (SOLD) 05 Harley F-350 True Blue Short Box 6.0L #3134 -14.47 2005 Lightning Fest KC---
    (SOLD) 04 Harley F-250 W/6" Lift BLK/DSG #2980 -14.935 1/4 mile at Topeka 2004 Truckfest
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle. ~unknown~

Just getting into it...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just don't see why they would downgrade from the HD's we all have. Ford should have seen how much we all love our trucks and improved on it, or at the very least kept it just as good with the new body style. I mean, putting in a stock 5.4L and throwing some bigger rims and a different exhaust and calling it a HD F-150?? Doesn't seem to make sense. And on top it's just an extended cab...not enough room. Just my thoughts...I was gonna wait on getting my 03 to see how the new ones would be. Once I knew, I bought mine...never looked back.
    2003 F-150 Harley Davidson
    --------------------------------------------
    L&S Oil Separator
    Billet Aluminum gas cap
    Snug-fit hard tonneau cover
    Aftermarket headlights/taillights

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    not enough room? go from seating for 4 to seating for 5. yeah less leg room, but more seating if needed. and more space in the bed than the tiny supercrew beds. if you are hauling that many adults around that often, a pickup truck aint the best option, unless maybe a bigger superduty.

downgrade? sorry i disagree that adding 22's and AWD option as a downgrade, along with hydrographic interior peices and console shifter and all that jive. definately an upgrade IMO.

not all owners want a supercharged truck to guzzle the gas down. one of the biggest reasons back in 00 i got my HD insead of a L. but i guess i really am fooling myself, and i dont own a HD f150, i just own a regular f150 with some red stripes and stick on fender emblems

yeah the 06's could be alot nicer looking, but there's alot of things on our 00-03's that could have been alot nicer looking too. which is why we mod the heck out of our trucks. too many people are just expecting the 06 HD's to come modded out to the max from the factory i guess

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree that the interior and the direction that Ford was/is going is good with the AWD and 22" wheels. They more than likely will add a s/c as past history has shown, possibly even add the crew cab. But the look is a little boring, no wow factor at all. The exaust looks as if my 2 year old son installed it, (not really, but you get the idea) and they should drop it a little, even though it is AWD (or 4x4). I am not saying they should look like the 1st gen, but the look of the exterior has strayed to the conservative side a little too much. I hope they can improve on it in the next few years. All that being said, they will still sell well to those who like the interior and the name associated with the limited production truck.
    HAD: 400 HP/476 ft. lbs.
    4# Lower, 2.9" Upper
    Apten Ported Blower, JLP CAI, L-Spec Bilsteins
    L&S Oil Separator, SCT Tune by MD Motorsports

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah i agree the exterior isnt as flashy as past years. the black nurfs with only chrome strips, the 22's are bling but have satin on the edges and not fully chromed, and the lower valance isnt as sporty as the 00-02 lower valance, more squared off and even a bit tamer than the 03's lower valance.

i'm not sure if the 06's are lowered 1" from the factory like our 00-03's were or not. and not sure how the AWD (NOT 4x4...no 4x4 HD's for 06) ride height compares to the regular 2wd version.

and yes i can almost guarantee you history will repeat itself. ford didnt come out with a new HDF-150, or KR-F150 in 2004 because it would take away from the new 2004 F-150 sales.

same with the mustangs. no cobra for 2005 because it would take away from the regular 2005 mustang sales, and odds are the guys who really want a mustang would get an 05, then if ford comes out with a cobra in 06, they'd trade it in for another.

same with the HD. i bet a lot of guys who love the new body style bought a 04, and alot will trade it in for a 06 HD.

it would make no sense for ford to make the 06 HD a maxed out crew cab supercharged truck, then the following year make an extended cab n/a truck.

they are appealing to each market, going from the least expensive up. just like before

00 extended cab N/A msrp 33,xxx
    01 crew cab N/A msrp 36,xxx
    02 crew cab S/C msrp 38,xxx
    03 crew cab S/C 100th Anniv. msrp 39,xxx
    04 extended or crew cab superduty msrp 50,xxx
    05 crew cab superduty with painted flames msrp 50,xxx+

06's extended cab N/A and msrp isnt out yet but it'll probably be around the high 30's
    07 the ford-HD alliance is supposed to end, but it was supposed to end in 2005 as well and they resigned it to a 7 year alliance (00-06) instead of the original 5 year alliance (00-04). as long as they are both making money on the trucks though, 07 will probably bring about a crew cab N/A and bring 2-3 grand more than the 06's
    08-09 hopefully the next gen L will be back in action, and the HD can be the L's bigger little brother again and get a slightly detuned L motor
    10-11 just in time for another harley superduty edition after the superduties get restyled again

just my rough prediction

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw an ad in Men's Fitness last night for the 06 HD and it showed an estimated price of 42G's.
    George

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i was afriad of a 40K+ sticker

now just imagine what a supercharged crew cab one would go for!! YIKES

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Originally posted by Harley#356
    i was afriad of a 40K+ sticker

now just imagine what a supercharged crew cab one would go for!! YIKES
    Sounds like an MSRP similar to the SRT-10 quad cab.
    NHTOC Gallery My FTW Gallery
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 #5531
    Performance: JLP Built Shortblock, Comp Cams & Valve Springs, Stage IV Steigy Ported Supercharger, LFP E-Fan, LFP Aux Idler Pulley Kit with additional billet idlers, AirforceOne full Intake kit, FTVB, Art Carr TC, Morosso Trans Pan, Predator Tuner, 8# Lower, JLP Competition R Exhaust, FT Tranny cooler, 255 fuel pumps, Canton Deep Oil pan w/ Windage tray.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast