Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: -- Replacing Bump Stops; Front & Rear --

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question -- Replacing Bump Stops; Front & Rear --

Saw Joshs post about the rear Energy Suspension bump stops, but what about the front ones, and how do they remove?? (im sitting on mine )

If his skinny azz was on AIM right now, id ask him... so for now, who knows the answer?

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    don't they screw in/out like the rears??? do not really know myself.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i know there's a hole in the center of the front bumpstops, and there's probably a nut in there holding them bolted on. i'd like to swap mine out for a set of energy suspension ones as well for the front, rather than cutting the stock ones, but i havent ever gotten the chance to pull the wheel and really check it out. i've got about 1/2" clearance with mine. rides fine though, i'm sure om bottoming out up front but i guess the rubber is soft enough i dont really feel it too much, so i've never really worried about it too much.

and damn Chris...i thought you would have learned by now

WRONG FORUM

...moved to the correct spot

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley#356

WRONG FORUM

yea, and notice all the responces.....................

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cutting tourch!!!!!!!!

Burn them offf and then that way you can see how they were installe!?????

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by bgstew6
    Cutting tourch!!!!!!!!

Burn them offf and then that way you can see how they were installe!?????
    Torch will be out to "make a little extra room" in the wheel wells anyway... sounds like a plan Stew!

Anyone notice, that the bump stops are surrounded by metal towards the top, and boxed on the side? (hence the reason for my removal question)

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    jack up the front end, so that the arm hangs down, and look at the part of the bump stop that contacts the arm. Look towards the center, there is a hole. Does that have a recessed bolt up in there that you can unscrew and take the stocker bump stop out?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yep there's a hole in the center and i'm almost positive there's a bolt or something up in there. for some reason i dont think i had a socket that would fit in there so i never took them off to swap them out. or one of the boxed sides is open and you can see a bolt, i know there's a way to get them off, but for some reason i didnt have a tool or something that would fit and i just said F it for now

Originally posted by Krix330cic(NJ)
    yea, and notice all the responces.....................
    looks like plenty of responses to me. if you want to have ALL the chit from this board on one page go back to f150online in the clusterfuked harley forum

if you want people who know about the suspension questions to post answers, post it in the suspension forum since mostly people who know about that area are more likely to post up

its not that hard Chris!!!

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks like plenty of responses to me. if you want to have ALL the chit from this board on one page go back to f150online in the clusterfuked harley forum

if you want people who know about the suspension questions to post answers, post it in the suspension forum since mostly people who know about that area are more likely to post up

its not that hard Chris!!!
    turning more into FTW format every day.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Angry that is an insult!

oh please gimme a break. how are we turning into FTW? nhtoc has ALWAYS had multiple forums. audio,detailing,classifieds, etc. this aint nothing new

i think the fiberglass resin has gotten to your brain too much

the day this site gets like FTW is the day i step down from supermoderator and leave all together. When you see ads poping up on all sides of the screens, and in the middle of posts, and the site running slow as chit, then it would be turning into FTW format. but asking to post suspension stuff in teh suspension forum, and audio stuff in the audio forum, etc. etc. just makes the site so much easier to navigate, search and use, and its been the exact same way since the start of the site 2-1/2 years ago where the hell have you been?

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: that is an insult!

oh please gimme a break. how are we turning into FTW? nhtoc has ALWAYS had multiple forums. audio,detailing,classifieds, etc. this aint nothing new

i think the fiberglass resin has gotten to your brain too much

the day this site gets like FTW is the day i step down from supermoderator and leave all together. When you see ads poping up on all sides of the screens, and in the middle of posts, and the site running slow as chit, then it would be turning into FTW format. but asking to post suspension stuff in teh suspension forum, and audio stuff in the audio forum, etc. etc. just makes the site so much easier to navigate, search and use, and its been the exact same way since the start of the site 2-1/2 years ago where the hell have you been?
    u type to much, and use to many smileys.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you sniff too much fiberglass resin

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you sniff too much fiberglass resin

but i haven't in months.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chris there is a sunken bolt in there bro, ,,and that's what happens when one becomes a super moderator. I am glad for that passing. Watch your backside.........
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    i know there's a hole in the center of the front bumpstops, and there's probably a nut in there holding them bolted on. i'd like to swap mine out for a set of energy suspension ones as well for the front, rather than cutting the stock ones, but i havent ever gotten the chance to pull the wheel and really check it out. i've got about 1/2" clearance with mine. rides fine though, i'm sure om bottoming out up front but i guess the rubber is soft enough i dont really feel it too much, so i've never really worried about it too much.

WRONG FORUM

You will feel a big difference once you cut the front bump stops .Trust me I just had my done after one week of doing my HOTCKIS TVS and there is a big difference in ride .I was bottoming out up front with 1" clearance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast