Thread: drop spindles???

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

drop spindles???

Does anybody here have any info on the supposed belltech drop spindles. I heard about them got real exited and then never heard anything else, and thier not on the website. Really wanting to go 5/7 so any help is appreciated.
    Daily driver: 2001 Mustang Cobra- Eibach suspension, Tokico struts, Maximum motorsports full length subframes, 4.10 gears, MGW short throw shifter, JLT cold air intake, Bassani X-pipe, Bassani Catbak, full sound system

Project ride: 2000 Harley truck- Belltech 4/6 drop, custom 5 point rollcage, ATI procharged, custom built (billet) blower bracket, polished P1SC, custom built kooks longtubes, custom built 3in Xpipe, black MB motoring 22's, 42# fuel injectors, 90mm MAF, 255lph intank pump, 3.73 gears, built tranny w/ PI stall, full show sound system

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    5/7 how the hell you plan on driving that truck?

how do you even plan on going 7 in the rear? flip kit AND shackles?
    hope you dont mind doing a stepped notch. haha

anyway here's a link to a guy on f150 who just got his belltech spindles in

http://www.f150online.com/forums/sho...=204293&page=1

i was hoping to get them and use a 1" spacer on my ruslow coils to get a 3" front drop in total, but you must run at least an 18" wheel with those, so that means no 16" drag racing front runners i really wish ruslow would make 3" front drop coils instead of just 2" only

anyway, got any pics of your drop? right now mine is dropped 2/4.5 roughly, and the rear sits slightly lower than the front on certain angles that i'm parked, so i really want to drop the front more. another inch in the back though and i'd have the fender at the top of the tire. i cant imagine with a 7" rear drop, gotta have the whole sidewall tucked

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol yeah i will admit a 5/7 is a little low but it will look clean and the truck isnt daily. My dually use to have a 6/8 on it and its alot longer and less conveniant but looked killer. Yes i plan on doing a flip and, shackles in the rear with a large step notch. I already bottom out bad with the 5in in the rear. Ill try to get some pics up and running i wont have the truck back till next wen its at my engine tuners house right now getting, tweaked!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    if you want email me some pics at
    harley0356 AT yahoo DOT com
    and i'll resize and post up for you

i could see a 6/8 on a dually since they sit higher to begin with (would like pics of that too! ) but for a 5/7 on these trucks, i think 5" up front is a bit much. you even going to be able to turn? for that much of a drop i would say bag it. especially if its not a daily driver. and at least you can air it up to ride height (at like equivalent of a 2/4 drop ) and be able to drive around without getting suck bottoming out on a bottle cap in the road or somethin

here's a 4/6 and its low as fuk! i dont know if it would be possible or worth it to try and get another inch past that. and even though he's got 22's they are the same O/D as the stock 20's, so you can imagine how much of the tire you'd be tucking with stock rubber and another inch past what they've got.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...highlight=drop

sure does look SICK though!

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well the dually is bagged now and i love it, but cant swing that bill for the HD yet. I plan on bagging the HD front and rear using the dual adjustable air ride shockwaves, and a custom adjustable 4 linked rear end. Which will start to add up pretty fast. The engine/tranny is really my priority with the HD. I cant wait to get it 5/7'd i think it will look insanely low witht he sidebars and such. i had to pull my mudflaps with the 3/5 because one got ripped off. And im looking on summit now but cant find the spindles do you have a spacific link to where i can order them.? Thanks for all the help.

edit: 356 do you have any kind of internet messaging. if so im wbdss68 on aol. and yes a 4/6 does look slammed that does raise some suspesion on a 5/7. Well see what all happens.

Will
    Last edited by 00harleytruck; 07-14-2005 at 11:00 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    hit up RobW. i'm not sure if he still has his air ride technologies airbag setup with the 4 link and all that, or if he sold it already. i know he had it not that long ago. maybe hit him up and see if you can strike a deal.

not sure where to get the spindles. i never really looked into it much further when i found out you must run at least 18" rims on the front. i hope to have some 16" skinnies for the front for racing by next year, so i wont be able to use the spindles, unless i found some 18" racing front runners for cheap

my AIM name is harley0356
    going to bed now, but i'll be on tomorrow morning and again at night. hit me up anytime

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Summit is shipping the spindles this week.

Procharged
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i can come up with my own kit alot cheaper then buying one from air ride, mainly because im good friends with a bunch of local fabricators. Its just the cost of shockwaves that are killin me.