Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Entertainment system for the kids

Gear Head
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Entertainment system for the kids

Has anyone installed an entertainment system int ehir trucks. I am about to have on installed to cut the whining down during my early morning commute, btu I am concerned fo teh placement of it. I have a 2003 wtih a moonroof and I think it may be too far back for teh kids to watch without straining their necks.
    Kat

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DMC,
    I have been considering the same thing, and I think I have decided on a 6" or 7" screen in each head rest, hooked up to an X-box.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe this will end up in the "audio section" I dont know...

I agre with Outnubered.... 2 headrest monitors, a vcr/dvd/xbox will do the trick...

roof mounts are tricky with sunroofs... I have empty excedrin bottles still to prove it! LOL

Especially since you can pic up 6-7" screens for $100-125 each + labor...
    --My momma always said, opinions are just like Butt-holes everyone's entitled to one, but not always entitled to show it.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know there is a company that offers headrest with the monitors already installed.

Get Blown!!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a 13 inch. monitor mounted from the ceiling in my wife's truck, but I really don't like it because of the vibration. Give's me a headache. The headrests is what I would go for if I could do it again. But my 16 month old daughter loves the entertainment. Keeps her quiet on long trips and short!!
    2004 Cobra coupe and it's fast!!
    455 rwhp and 460 rwtq.

Gone but never forgotten. 2003 2-tone. Build #2767

BLWN HOG
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ayrton
    I know there is a company that offers headrest with the monitors already installed.
    SAVV is a company here in NorCal that matches the fabric/leather with the LCD monitor installed, plus the wiring.

Where I work part-time, the audio shop, we use them for our higher end setups.
    2003 FFW-Palmdale, CA - Tough Truck Winner

2002 HD Black
    1996 Probe GT

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have the clarion housing for the back of the console
    looks factory .i have the 6.5 inch in there but it will hold
    up to a 7inch.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ayrton
    Vizualogic also makes headrests with the monitors already installed

Boostin' Daily.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NHOTC #23
    2002 Supercharged Harley Davidson Supercrew DSG - Fast Daily Driver.
    1985 Turbocharged RX-7 GSL-SE "Cosmo" 13B-RE - Much, Much, Faster Weekend Racer.
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT Convertible bone stock - Weekend Cruiser.
    1998 Sea-Doo GTX-Limited too many mods!

Gear Head
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laugh

Thanks guys for all your help, I dropped off my truck yesterday to have the first of my mods installed. I told them I wanted the headrest monitors instead of the roof mount, they gaev me a hard time about it, but I said look, it will give me a headache, I don't want it, and they caved real quick. I ended up with a much better set up at only a few more dollars. I love this site I miss her already, but when I get her back she will have a new Tonneau cover, the entertainment system and clear taillights. The next day she gets her bed rug and her K&N filter. then I wait a few months for more money and she is going for her performance mods, I can't wait

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Clarion console fits perfectly and looks great. Also it is a lot less visible for the thievs. My major concern not to go with headrest. My son is just 1 year old but I'm preparing for it already ;)

Gear Head
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh man, thieves! I never even thought of that. I do have Lojack with early inform which pages me if anyone is breaking into my truck and trying to steal it, as well as an aftermarket alarm with a built in kill switch which prevents them from stealing my truck, but not my entertainment. Oh well, I ended up going with a NSE system with Toshiba 7" monitors. I pick her up today, I am so excited it has only been 2 days and I miss her so much. I won't worry too much, she is garaged at my house at night and at my work nobody breaks into cars and the security guys keep close watch on my truck for me with the cameras ( one of the perks of having a bad a$$ vehicle). I will post pics when I get her back.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    You know what? I got an idea. I really love how the headrest monitors look. If I ever put them then I will have some headrest covers (those used for seat covers) to put on whenever I park on so so areas or if I know I won't be using them. That plus the tint glass should hide them somewhat better I guess ;)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a 10.4 inch flipdown in the back. Looks great. The reason I did that instead of headrests was due to also having an inverter and video/audio input where the back radio controls were so I could hook up the XBox....
    03 Black HD
    Born: 01/17/03 Received: 02/12/03
    Lots of billet, and bunches of mods!
    401.9/527.8 on dyno!

Gear Head
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's what I was originally going to do, but after hearing it on this site first, I asked around and the head mount system with a moon roof can have a tendency to rattle and cause a headache. I have the video audio output mounted in the front side of my back console, it does not take away from my storage space and now each of my kids has their own screen. I also have a splitter, so one can be watching a movie while the other is playing video games, or, since I have input for two systems, I can play PS2 while my man plays XBox :k

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast