Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need advice from the guru's

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Lots of good advice already given. I would imagine you are getting spark blow out with that setup. When I started modding and installed a 6# lower my truck only had about 5000 miles on it. I pulled the plugs at the same time and they were gapped at .046

I still run the stock plugs with no problems, but I regapped them down to .036 at that time.

As for the foot pedals, if they are too close to the floorboard, you will hit the floor with the pedal before opening the throttlebody completely. Basically its a self inflicted govenor.

As for your timing and A/F, with that setup you got you are smart to keep the timing at 16 deg or lower and the A/F at 11.8. If I remember correctly, each degree of timing is worth roughly 10HP, but each degree higher gets you closer to the vent club.

And finally, the heat is probably draining about 10-15HP from the potential your engine is now capable of. That doesn't makeup the difference in where you should be with those mods though. I would think you should be closer to 380 or so? So maybe the combo of new plugs, 16 deg and 11.8A/F, and cooler weather will all get you there.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks to all for your input. I'm putting in a new gauge today to get a real boost reading. I noticed immediately after start up with the 8lb, the supercharger started rattling @ idle. It smooths out as RPM increases so I think I may have some cavation issues @ idle. Has anyone else had this problem? Also while standing outside the truck it sounds like a wind mill with a hang over coming from under the truck. I had this same issue when truck was new and the dealer changed the supercharger and the cats. Sound never went away, now it seems to be magnified with the pulley upgrade. Dealer said supercharger boosted air was making the noise. He didn't like it when I pointed out that @ idle its not making any boost! I give techs fits when I apply logic instead of BS to problems. At least the problem has been recorded in the Ford system. To my knowledge there were any TSB's relating to this issue.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anymore thoughts from the pro's???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mountain - Which Austin tuner deals with SCT?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2