Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Demo Harley Truck in NHRA Sears

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome to the club man, beware of the dreaded mod virus, lol

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks 01harleydude I really appreciate the welcome. It's so cool reading all the messages posted and I really think all you guys have some really great insite and passion with this truck. I'm really looking forward to getting the '06 truck because I lost my chance to have a new '02-'03 truck and this is my next chance to own a great truck. I know this Harley truck isn't a fav but for me she will work just fine. I live on an island that's 130 miles around and at gas chiming in at just $2.65/gal. I prayed this truck wouldn't be S/C. Like it , hate it or indiferent it will be another Harley truck in the family. I just look forward to being apart of this "Heritage". Oh, and I gotta say that harley356, I really enjoy your messages, they really calmed me when I read all this adverse talk about the '06. Hope to chat with you sometime, just really like your outlook. Well, hope to talk to you all at sometime and as we say here in Hawai'i, mahalo.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    glad to hear it ka'auila

i've been on the boards since the very beginning of the harley trucks back in 00. it happens every year where the current owners for the most part dog down the next year HD, and its not til that next year finally comes out and people start buying them and modding them up that most finally realize ford just made another kick azz truck

i should dig up some of the old threads on the 02 & 03 HD's and all the stuff the 00/01 guys said about those coming out, then few months down the line 1/2 of them are trading their trucks in for the new models

happens every year like clockwork

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I understand exactly what your talkin about Harley #356. I think alot has to do with the sibling rivalry that happens whenever a new "kid" is "born". We all think our "kid's" the most beautiful, but in reality they all share a common goal with keeping the American history between Ford and Harley-Davidson alive. All these trucks from the '00 to present are awesome machines, each one different than the other but I just can't help but shake my head and smile! Cool trucks....really cool. Just be real proud of your "kid" and I'm sure to be real proud of mine. But please don't stop the debating, that's the whole fun of it. Thanks for the chat Harley#356 hope you come out my way some time, show you round the island!! Aloha.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Well....just got a job offer and there's a very slight, i mean slight, possibility i may be able to hit up pearl harbor, HI for a few days...cruise on out and i'll check out that new 06 HD they should be getting delivered by the time i get a chance to do a bit of traveling with my new job lol

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cool Harley356, hope you get out my way. Just let me know when and I'll be sure to rap with you 'bout these Harley trucks in person. I do have a question though, I do think the '06 should be lower then it will be, I'm thinking of getting the Roush lowering kit. Good? It's about $1500. There may be a better kit available, please advise. Besides that I'm excited to finally get my truck I've waited sooo long for.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also 01Harleydude I read on another post that your getting deployed soon. God speed my brother and take care of yourself.
    Aloha.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    did you get the AWD option? i'm interested to see exactly how its setup to see how difficult lowering would be. a lowered AWD truck would handle friggin incredible!

the roush kit would be a very good option for it. i know the guys who have the roush kit on the L's and 1st gen HD's usually love it. i'd imagine it would be a good choice for the gen 3 HD's as well.

i'd also check with hotchkis to see if they are making a TVS kit for the new body style f150's. if it came between hotchkis and roush, i'd go with the hotchkis since its a tad stiffer than roush and handles a bit better

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nope, got the 2wheel version. i really don't need the loss in h/p and i think the 2wheel can get a tad bit lower.( i've heard). i'll check on the hotchkis lowering kit. i would have loved to have the awd if i had alot of h/p to play with. i really need the truck to be lower because i do alot of work in waikiki and the parking structures are really low here, gotta fit the truck in there. i'll let you know bout the kit when i decide on it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just got the call today that the build date for my truck got moved back 2 weeks, now it's 9/12. I was looking forward to having the trucks built starting this coming Mon but oh well. is it just the production of my truck moved back or everyone? lemmeknow please. k-den, aloha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2