Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: is 12lb safe on hd

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey neighber Didnt know too many people lived that close I live in Midland Maybe one day shoot me a pm or email xtreemkreations04@yahoo.com and we will have to hook up I am about to do a 6# I bought from marioec. Are you talking about the Excessive in Mannassas that chris is owner or part owner of?And if you are interested in a mod day I got a lift in my shop let me know. Also goto the lounge we are trying to get together a VA chapter please vote Al
    offtopic
    Sorry to jack the thread
    Last edited by N2BOOST; 08-29-2005 at 08:04 PM.

Stock Block 11.424@119.87
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope to go MIR on fridaynite se what new times are hoping for 13teens

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by ilaybrk
    timing 16 an a/f 12 all the way through rpm range. I bought a sct 9100 tuner from A guy on f150 online he is a vendor on their. The truck ran very fast and today I found out why timing was21 and a/f 13 now I know why it was 352 419 on stock pulleys. That nameless person when I called him last month to ask what timing was and a/f he wouldn't tell me. so I got mad and found a local dyno guy they were great watched every pull learned a lot. thanks EXCESSIVE. and other mods fipk and line mod 4x4 tranpan. Yes i am new to your forum and because of a lot of good people on here i started asking Questions and got lots of good answers thanks.
    Dayum...talk about living on the ragged edge! You are lucky you didn't join the VB club right out of the door. That's why it is SO important to get a reliable tuner. Some guys are all show but not very reliable.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

2-Tone Killer Whale
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation boost to much?

Hi

Iam new to the forums but have been a long time reader i have a 03 harley two-tone with 30k miles read awhile back about the oil separator and installed it also put in a K&N air filter and i was pleased with it but a freind of mine just happend to have some parts come into his shop the kit included ngkt6 plugs 2.70up i belive its that and a 9.0L with a diablo tuner and 160 thermo with belt to match now back to the topic at hand i belive the stock psi is 6 when iam done with the mods i think iam going to be in the range of 17-19psi is this safe will my motor handle it. but now i put the mods in iam not sure if it can handle it the kit had a cobra tuner so they had it sent back parts are on but entill the tunner comes (had to drive it home only car) iam afraid to put it into boost with fear i will blow it if some one could enlighten me it would be great sry if iam highjacking the thread dont mean to

sry if this is the wrong thread thanks.
    Last edited by charrged; 03-06-2006 at 03:12 AM.
    Like my Daddy said if worst comes to worst where screwed.

Are you gripping tenaciously to my buttox?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charrged
    Hi

Iam new to the forums but have been a long time reader i have a 03 harley two-tone with 30k miles read awhile back about the oil separator and installed it also put in a K&N air filter and i was pleased with it but a freind of mine just happend to have some parts come into his shop the kit included ngkt6 plugs 2.70up i belive its that and a 9.0L with a diablo tuner and 160 thermo with belt to match now back to the topic at hand i belive the stock psi is 6 when iam done with the mods i think iam going to be in the range of 17-19psi is this safe will my motor handle it. but now i put the mods in iam not sure if it can handle it the kit had a cobra tuner so they had it sent back parts are on but entill the tunner comes (had to drive it home only car) iam afraid to put it into boost with fear i will blow it if some one could enlighten me it would be great sry if iam highjacking the thread dont mean to

sry if this is the wrong thread thanks.
    Just make sure you have real good tune,,,or you will have a real good paper weight..15lbs. is about a safe limit.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am running about 15.....And that is as far as I plan to go.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well Iam running 16 lb at 5500 rpm now was running 13lb at same rpm before I ported blower I use 4lb lower and 2.90 upper and I am a little scared.
    U2.9 L8lb 2.3 KB JLP intake REM carbon Elbow fipk jdm E fan Moroso tran pan FTVB SCT Xcall tuner boost bypass oil seprator sct2400 maf sbvtb TVS rear springs JDM drag springs panhardbar maggy high flow midpipe JLP plenum Dynateck long tubes headers 58 long bars 2400 stall JJ upper control arms carbon drive shaft Killer Chiller and WMS custom Tune

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i got that setup and im only at 10 lbs???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have everything ilaybrk has except the C&L and the efan, and I see 13.5 lbs.
    HAD: 400 HP/476 ft. lbs.
    4# Lower, 2.9" Upper
    Apten Ported Blower, JLP CAI, L-Spec Bilsteins
    L&S Oil Separator, SCT Tune by MD Motorsports

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow I dont know if 16 is good or bad this moter just dynoed 427.71/504.81 14.5 timming 11.7a/f at 5200 12.00 at 5500 oh 16 deg was at 5500 rpm at 5200 15.9 temp was 45 degres

2-Tone Killer Whale
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb humm..

I have a DiabloSport Predator Flash Programmer does anybody have a tune for a 2.70upper and a 9.0 lower with ngkt6 spark plugs and a k&n air filter tune or a base tune for my tunner that i can take to my tuner to help him out they nor do i know what this truck is going to do with 18-19 psi running throught it they dont what to rev it to high on the dyno till i get the tuner hopeing it comes in on wensday or thursday iam on the road right now so its sitting in the driveway at my house and when i get it tuned and it runs great will anything break or blow when i decide to from a light or track i want to have no fear to boost it when i want

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome Sir

2-Tone Killer Whale
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    18/19lbs on a stock block????

BOOM!!!

2-Tone Killer Whale
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy

what would i need to strengthen to make it not go i heard the motor can handle 625hp dont know if that is true or not i heard i may need to get a shift power valve or torque converter but i belive that the motor can handle it every body says run it rich and never drop below like 11.50 a/f i think or i will detonate which i hear is really bad at high boost levels as you can see in my signature are the mods i did so far E-FAN is my next mod or a high flow heat exchanger i belive from flyuiddyne but i dont want to go as far as to change my heads or pistions or cams maybe a cat-back but that i belive is it for my truck i daily drive it and some times get on it hard and i dont want it to break on me so any or all suggestions and well appreciated

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast