Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: October 1st, Bradenton Meet thread.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Michael wouldn't (2) switches do it?? One to totally kill the power to the compressor and one to switch between the regular horn and the air horns??? Sounds simple enough.

481/555 right now :-)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wanted to put in a relay so the air horn would be activated by the signal to the stock horn and I could have the option of air horn or no air horn.

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    personally, I'd just wire it like normal, but put a switch between the truck horn wire and the air horn solenoid.
    switch off, just regular horn, switch on, both.
    As far as powering the compressor on and off, sounds like a big PITA with no real reason?
    If for some reason the compressor won't shut off, like you blow a line of something, you can always open the hood and pull the inline fuse till you get it fixed.
    You're going to be hard on that relay, as it's going to be on the whole time the truck is.
    If you get in the habit of shutting it off or whatever, your horn will never be ready when you want it.
    Plus I'm a big fan of keeping things as simple as possible. Less parts to fail.
    I just don't see a reason to switch the compressor, but that's just me.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    my logic for switching the compressor is so it doesn't run all the time....Michael sounds like he just wants it for an occassional use type thing... either way he should break the circuit between the two horns like you described above.
    Last edited by 2manytrucks; 09-27-2005 at 01:17 PM.

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I understand that, but it doesn't run all the time as it is, it only runs enough to keep the tank pressurized.
    I would think it would even more important if you only want to use it occasionally, otherwise you have to plan ahead for use and give it a minute to pressurize before you can use it. Horns take a huge volume of air to work.
    Like I said, not my truck, but I do have the horns and compressor system and I know how little my compressor runs when I don't use the horns - it doesn't!
    For a contingency situation like a blown line or something, I'll pull the fuse if it ever happens.

If it's just an "I want" then great, go for it! I can totally understand those, we all can otherwise we wouldn't be driving what we are ;)
    But as far as being needed? nope.
    Last edited by Venom; 09-27-2005 at 01:51 PM.

Found On Redneck Driveway
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SLACKER? I wasn't the one sleeping on the tailgate, now was I!
    I am planning on coming up, hopefully hook up with Sean on his way (too bad he is leaving at 3am
    I do have some relays I can bring but am not planning on doing any horns. Suggestion, when someone pulls out in front of you and you want to scare the sh!* out of them, you don't have time to think about which button to push or switch to flip. Hook them up to the steering wheel button and then you will always be ready. I tried the two switch thing and was either pushing the wrong one or accidently pushing it when I didn't want too, OOPS.

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HrDScrew
    I am planning on coming up, hopefully hook up with Sean on his way (too bad he is leaving at 3am
    I tell ya I get no respect around here I plan on leaving at 5am. I should be in Fort Myers by 7am. I know you need your beauty rest and all but hopefully that's not too early for you.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kevin, hav'nt herd from you in months. just figured if I stired the pot a little you'd come to the surface. J/K... glad you'll be there bro, I'll need someone to fluff my pillow on the tailgate when its nap time...

481/555 right now :-)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kevin, just be there for advice, like where to hook up a good source of 12v, etc. Not sure if I'll need the relays but bringing them to be on the safe side would help. And if you could bring your spiffy right angle drill to loan me if I need it would be nice. Where to mount the compressor, somewhere on the frame advice would also be nice. I hope I can make it. Things are 80/20 in my favor right now. What hotel has everyone booked?
    2002, #00722, Two-tone paint, Built Engine, SCT X3, Fram Cold Air Intake, Ported TB, Ported Plenum, Magnaflow, OBX Longtubes, Electric exhaust cut-outs, 8#Lower, Magna Powers blower, Oil Seperator, Lightning Valence, Tail lights, Brake Light, Orange LED frame lights. Optima Yellowtop, Chickenears billet under the hood, Bedrug, ARE Bed Lid, Reflexxions Cowl Induction Hood, Kenwood DVD/TV/CD Touchscreen, 481 RWHP, 555 Torque

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm looking forward to the meet. You guys will like my setup. I have the WBO hooked up but still need to finish wiring in my MAF and the TPS. I ran it today and the A/F and RPM setup works real well. I did a bit of logging and it looks as if I can lean out the mixture. I was around 11.4-11.5. I will wait until I install the new blower and then take a peak at the numbers. I may just faten it up with the 8lber on and see whatthat delivers. The nice part about the WBO on board is that you can monitor the situation at all times. I highly recommend this.

By the way I forgot. I have an L&S oil seperator to add to my mix with a polished LFP tank as well. That is on its way so I may wait and put the MBO super polish to it for good measure

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea, were is everyone staying? I think this time I will stick around and enjoy the festivities. Also, if anyone wants to split a room I'm interested.

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HrDScrew
    Yea, were is everyone staying? I think this time I will stick around and enjoy the festivities. Also, if anyone wants to split a room I'm interested.
    I have reservations at the Comfort Inn. I have an extra bed in my room but I need to leave Sunday morning no later than 6:30am because I have to sing at a wedding at 10:30.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That works for me, as long as I don't have to get up with you and leave. Would like to sleep in for once, since I will be away from the kids.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to mod and run. I leave for Ohio the nextmorning and I would like to spend a bit of time with the kids. Larry, what is the time for the meet. Please post up directions again. I vaguely remember. I would like to get there early and let the beast cool off so we can go at it right away. I am looking forward to putting my finishing touches to bed. The last two stages have been in the works since last Thanksgiving. I hope the end result is worth the wait. I appreciate everyone who has been so kind to offer up the help on this. I can honestly say I am at the end of my rope right now. I've spent all week trying to get my suspension, traction bars and that confounded WBO working correctly. I just need to splice into the MAF and TPS sensors and I am done. I have the program up andrunning on my laptop and I am seeing a 11.4 A/f. This may mean the 8lber stays with a little bit of a fattened up tune for safety. We'll see

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bruce, check the first post in this thread for directions and stuff

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast