Thread: My opinion of the '06 Harley

Broke Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My opinion of the '06 Harley

If anyone in Texas wants to see one, they have one on the showroom floor at Northside Ford in San Antonio, TX.

These are just my opinions of the '06. I have owned 3 Harleys in the past, and will compare it to those I have owned.

1) It sits way, way too high. Makes the 22" rims look like 18s because it is jacked up too high.

2) The Harley Pinstripe has got to go. Its a bright orange and blue scheme doesnt look "Harley" to me.

3) Rims should have been chromed.

4) The front seats are very nice. Almost as roomy as my '05 seats. Much more comfortable than the '02 and '03.

5) The super cab is very dissappointing.

Its not flashy enough. The '00 supercab, was flashy. Lots of chrome and great stance. I would put it in the same category as the '01, something I could definately pass on.

IMO, next to the Lincoln Mark LT, it doesnt look very good.

When I see any Harley truck, whether its stock or not, I think "damn, look at that truck." I just dont get that same feeling from this one.

The sales manager swore up and down they were not making this in F250 or F350. We'll just have to wait and see.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Re: My opinion of the '06 Harley

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Its not flashy enough. The '00 supercab, was flashy. Lots of chrome and great stance. I would put it in the same category as the '01, something I could definately pass on.

it may be kinda shocking to hear this from me, but now when i see a totally stock 00, i think it looks pretty boring. did i just say that? LoL! even the 01's look boring to me stock. i guess its just the high stance, regular old f150 headlights, and thin bar billet grille. at least the 02-03's had the unique headlamps and sportier pinstriping.

or maybe its just the fact that i've continuously updated parts on my truck (heads, tails, grille, centercaps, etc.) to keep it looking like the newer models, as well as going mod crazy on it that a stock 00 or 01 just looks foreign to me after looking at mine for the past 5 years modded

when it was new though back in 00, the stock 00 was the coolest friggin truck i've ever laid my eyes on! but truck pimpin has come a long ways since then. i remember back when 20" rims were like 28" rims are now days. "HOLY CHIT....that guy has TWENTIES on his truck! i've never seen rims that big in my life!" ah the good ol' days. LoL!

putting a 06 next to a 00, and i think the 06 wins on appearance. although i totally agree the 06's sit way too high, the rims should be ALL chromed, and the pinstripe is boring, but i guess after doing flames on the 02, holigraphics on the 03, painted flames on the 05, that it was a bit hard to live up to that aspect.

but hey, its more creative than the stylish straight line pinstripe us 00 guys got LoL!

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just can't wait for my truck to get here. The '06 looks so different than any other Harley truck...and I think that's what attracted me to it. Kinda half old 150 and half S/D. You want a slammed truck get a '00-'03, you want a rise to the sky get the '04-'05, you want sumting all new get da '06. Cool not to follow anything! I got a friend in San Antonio who's sending me pix of the truck, thanks for the heads up HeHateMe. They're building her on Monday, hope to get her soon after. It's a long boat trip to Hawai'i though!

Broke Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Straight up, its a nice truck. I didnt want to dog it in my review, and that was not my intent. I think a $30 set of drop shackles would do WONDERS.

The interior is nicer than the 00-03. The front seats felt like to HUGE recliners. And I really like the new F Body interior set up, along with the Harley badging, you CANT go wrong.

Congrats on the new truck and hopefully it will get to you ASAP.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: My opinion of the '06 Harley

Originally posted by HeHateMe

The sales manager swore up and down they were not making this in F250 or F350. We'll just have to wait and see.
    The manager was and wasn't lying to you. There has been no official announcement From Ford to us dealers and it isn't in the order guide so he's telling you what he belives is the truth.

However, on one of our comoditie lists we get from our Ford region (KC), they listed that their would be a 06 Harley Super Duty starting with December production. It stated that it would come in 3 colors (Black-blue flames, Dk Toreador-Black flames or Shadow Gray-Black flames)

Also you can go into CONCEPS (the program dealer use to order) and order one. It isn't corect yet and kicks up a lot of errors. Based on what I've read I think it'll be a carry over of last years model with different color options.

I did order one and it lists package 17H Harley Davidson Alliance package:
    Harley floor mats
    Polished tubular cab steps
    Power sliding rear wondow
    Spare tire and wheel
    Auto temp control A/C
    Adjustable gas/brake pedal
    Color keyed rear bumper
    Harley Davidson 20" wheel

I ordered Dk Toreador with option 85E Black painted flames. It doesn't list any pricing yet and does kick up some errors. Also says only availalbe Lariat, Crew Cab, SRW, 6.0L Diesel, auto trans.

I can't say that this couldn't change, but this is what I know.
    Last edited by XCR440SP; 09-08-2005 at 11:12 AM.